• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

M44 - Quality Fatigue Modifier? - Other Titles
11-17-2006, 07:28 AM,
c_Question Mark  M44 - Quality Fatigue Modifier? - Other Titles
Does anyone has details on how these new M44 rules work and there effects?

1. Quality Fatigue Modifier optional rule (when will this be added to other titles)

2. partisan unit type with new effects on supply and units moving in the rear

Peter777
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2006, 09:28 AM,
RE: M44 - Quality Fatigue Modifier? - Other Titles
Peter777 Wrote:Does anyone has details on how these new M44 rules work and there effects?

In the optional Rules dialog there is a HELP button which will give you a little info on each of the rules. I don't have the mastered game installed here at work so I can't tell you exactly what it says butthe just is that higher quality units would incurr Fatigue at a lower rate.

Quote:1. Quality Fatigue Modifier optional rule (when will this be added to other titles)

As is always the case, new titles will featrue all changes when new updates are made available by HPS.

Quote:2. partisan unit type with new effects on supply and units moving in the rear

Yes - this is correct and where this unit type is used, the games and scns have been updated to include them. Off the top of my head, this will affect Moscow, Smolensk and the Crete portion of Salerno as well.

Glenn
Send this user an email
11-17-2006, 09:55 AM,
Could some one who has a copy of M44 post the effects of the optional rule -- Quality Fatigue Modifier.

I do not own a copy.

I was wondering if this feature may apply to MG44 elite troops, B44 some elite german units and may be some N44 troops. In MG44 I found that the 1st AB does not survive as well as they did historically so may be this change would help rather than changes to the OOB?

Cheers

Peter777

11-17-2006, 11:12 AM,
11-17-2006, 12:17 PM,
Currently the rule will not apply to MG44, N44 or B44 because they have not been updated to include the rule. However, once these games are updated I think that it will be a rule that is often used.
Send this user an email
11-17-2006, 12:29 PM,
RE:��M44 - Quality Fatigue Modifier? - Other Titles
11-17-2006, 01:16 PM,
Hi VM - I understand it is not yet availale in games other tham M44. I am thinking more long term. So we may need to wait or look at OOB changes.

I have some ideas on changing MG44 ALT scenario to give more historical results, many of VM recent changes are good but my experience shows that 5 parts of this battle still need adjusting they are;

1. The effects of confusion on day 1 around Arnhem on both sides.
2. The lack of german supplies around Arnhem, especially one day 1.
3. The ability of a 100+ SS to hold up in Nijmegan and stop the 82nd.
4. The ability of the 1st AB to hold out as long as they did historically (they are tough but I am not convinced that in PZC Frost's men can hold the bridge for 4 days).
5. Maybe make it a little less predictable for both sides.

I some what agree with Brammer this Optional rule should only be used when it produces the desired impact, which only real H2H play testing will prove. May OOB changes to attack and defense rating may be a better solution , only play testing will tell. I am not sure if it would make B44 unbalanced as Germans have their fair share of poor VG units.

Peter777

Peter777
11-17-2006, 02:22 PM,
Glenn,

Would the partisan rule be adopted in K44? The partisans in that game are too easily neutralized due to slow movement in the snow and known locations on turn1.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
11-17-2006, 03:58 PM,
RE:��M44 - Quality Fatigue Modifier? - Other Titles
Send this user an email
11-18-2006, 04:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2006, 04:02 AM by Volcano Man.)
Well, I guess I should have said that the Optional Fatigue Modifier rule should be used with all _Alt scenarios because I have tailored them to use this rule (when it becomes available).
Send this user an email