Visibility Problem?
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2006, 02:55 AM,
RE: Visibility Problem?
Send this user an email
11-16-2006, 03:49 AM,
To add a little bit to this, from what I recall the programmed weather file is ONLY read during the weather determination phase. As it is set in the scenario I am nearly positive it ALWAYS starts out using the scenario settings that first day, and then the programmed weather kicks in at the first weather determination period, which will be that night.

I believe there was a discussion about this a couple of years ago and this seems to be how it behaves - and as the weather.dat was an addon during the evolution of the series, it probably makes sense that it was implemented this way, quite a bit simpler I imagine than changing the startup weather which was intially, and still I believe, read straight from the scenario file - but not really sure at this point.

Anyway, send Glenn your files and he can make a better determination I think.
[Image: exercise.png]
11-16-2006, 04:23 AM,
It could be if the weather file is specified to have visibility for that day between 1 - 5 km. If that is the case then only a change to the weather file is necissary as usually higher visibility days will be 3 4 or 4 5 and at worst 3 5 for wide variance.
Send this user an email