• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Open Letter to all Campaign Players
11-08-2006, 10:17 PM,
RE: Open Letter to all Campaign Players
Quick answer to most of the questions.

Campaign can be started by forming teams and contacting moi.If there is an opening for a campaign we proceed with the details from there.

Scenarios are written as needed and changed as needed but from the exact ending point of the last scenario.There are no permanent scenarios written and they evolve as the battle progresses.

Only way to run a campaign is with a neutral referee which, in most cases is me...I can work with another designer as I did in the case of D-Day British sector with Desert Rat
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2006, 12:00 AM,
i agree Earl
11-10-2006, 05:40 AM,
Earl your scenarios are never to easy linked or not CiC or not.Hopefully you never tire of making them------Thanks.
11-10-2006, 06:41 AM,
I'll reiterate Glint's question -where do these campaigns live in the computer -how does one get them??

Cheers
KKR
11-10-2006, 07:22 AM,
Comrade KKK:

Earl is the creator and the Game Master of these campaigns and you need to talk to him. Earl had actually answered Glint's & your question in Post #11. I hope this helps? :smoke:
Good Hunting,
Reddog
11-11-2006, 02:47 AM,
Earl, YOU ROCK!!!!

Your Campaign has been more fun than alot of things I can think of. It is a GREAT experience working with yout team mates and playing with the long term view rather than the short view in most scenarios.

I would recommend this type of play to everyone.....

Thanks Earl for THE BEST gaming experience and for all the hard work you perform daily in order for us to enjoy this experience...

11-13-2006, 01:54 AM,
I am up to give it a try. In the past I have held off because every time I went down this path people would just bail and never be heard from again a month or so into it.

I think there should be a club rule that if an apponent bails and does not send a turn for over 4 weeks that an email is sent to Ed or one of the club curators for victory decision. Anyone bailing on a game whether winning or loosing should be considered a major victory of the remaining player.

Club thoughts?

j:mad:

Yes I know I am starting ^&*( with this post.
11-13-2006, 08:23 AM,
Majog, the team concept that Earl uses for these games helps greatly with the disappearing player syndrome. First, I think people are less likely to bail on a team anyway, but you also have built-in backups. If a team has a player that needs to drop out, Earl will usually try to find a replacement.

Regarding disappearing opponents players in general, check out Rule of Engagement #9 in the club rules (available from the navigation bar at the top of the page). It states that any documented case of an opponent disappearing for more than 3 weeks means an automatic Maximum Victory for the remaining player. That's been there for a long time now.

Earl, you put a ton of time into these campaign games, and deserve a huge amount of credit for dedicating so much on helping other people enjoy the CS series in a whole new way. cheers