• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

experimental rules in MBT
01-11-2007, 08:37 AM,
RE: experimental rules in MBT
Hello Wufir,

Well, I haven't broken the fabled 100 games officially completed yet, but I sure do like MBT.. and it's accounted for well over 50% of my games, if not 70+..

Anyway - the only 'ubersquads' that I have run into are really elit one's - like Spetznaz, Italian COMSUBIN, UK SAS, Israeli Sayarate.. you know, the guys that have such a huge experience/morale bonus that it often pushes them at 95+ in both catagories..

Funniest thing though - sometimes these squads have rally numbers below 50.. go figure?? Other times I've seen 80+

I seem to remember in earlier versions of WW2 and WAW that crews were able to assault tanks pretty often and succeed.. in the later versions of the game the crews were much more tame..

but I think what happens is that the crew is hiding in the shadows of their KIA'd vehicle, and when the shooter stops to gawk at the mess they've made. The stooge standing in the hatch catches a .45 cal round, and then the tank swallows a grenade.. oops - instant indigestion results with great belches of smoke and flammable gasses - along with the roaring sound that accompanies any belch worth mentioning..

Big Grin

-Greybeard
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2007, 08:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2007, 08:55 AM by shortreengage.)
RE:�� experimental rules in MBT
01-11-2007, 12:06 PM,
I like the Grey's from Rhodesia. It's not unusual to get 100+ experience ratings and the moral is good too. Plus they normally have rally numbers in the 90's, which means they can take a lickin and keep on tickin. If they just had RPG'd or a Gustav they would be perfect. It's amusing to watch them galloping alongside a tank, tossing Mills bombs down the hatch.
Battalion Motto; "Every man a Rambo."
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
01-11-2007, 01:21 PM,
Never had the 'ubersquad' experience. Then again, I rarely if ever close in on pinned units which can still shoot back... and certainly not with expensive kit if the enemy unit still has their first shot of OP fire (as all slots can often fire in the first OP volley, including the AT-weapons, also from damaged squads).

Sure I've lost units to crews or heavily damaged squads but rarely and even then almost exclusively at the hands of units I had NOT spotted at that time. I might be missing something but the ubersquad thing is not something that is ever on my mind when playing.

Narwan
05-28-2007, 03:57 AM,
RE: experimental rules in MBT - UPDATE
Howdy Folks: So after much play testing with Walrus and Vesku (thanks guys) this is what we have come up with.

The old standard 2-1 and 1.5-1 point ratios basically always guaranteed a win for the attacker. Through numerous games we have found that a new ratio of 1.75-1 and 1.35-1 now gives the defender a real chance of winning a game. This is based also on the assumption that the flags are of a low value of between 50 and 100. I have found that a value of around 75 for each flag works well.

Now obviously if you are player with 300 games under your belt playing a guy with 5 games under his you have to adjust the ratio.

The FOO restriction rule works very well and is a great success and I suggest that those who have not tried it do so. It certainly makes you buy more then the single token FOO, and also makes you think about where you are going to shoot instead of spreading one tube on each hex of the map.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
05-28-2007, 04:00 AM,
Montana_Prussian Wrote:I do like the FOO rule Weasel is experimenting with,but 0 units should be able call in attached mortars and not need a FOO to do so.

This is hard to monitor, that is why we just went with FOOs, keep it simple.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
05-28-2007, 04:44 AM,
RE:�� experimental rules in MBT
Weasel Wrote:
Montana_Prussian Wrote:I do like the FOO rule Weasel is experimenting with,but 0 units should be able call in attached mortars and not need a FOO to do so.

This is hard to monitor, that is why we just went with FOOs, keep it simple.

I am not going to go into arguing if rules are good or not (everybody has to find his own ways to enjoy the game) again, but one thing is for sure : with vast majority of the players here you dont need to monitor them at all. It is enough to agree the rules and they will follow them. Thats my experience anyway.
Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art
05-28-2007, 10:25 AM,
Will there be an offical compliling of all the new rules in one place or perhapes a mailout for us intelectuly impaired folks who dont get onto the Blitz as much as possible?
Bis peccare in bello no licet - One cannot blunder twice in war.
05-28-2007, 11:51 PM,
These are not official, just a testing for a balanced battle points for advance and assault. Same goes for the FOOs.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
05-29-2007, 09:05 AM,
Ok I can understand that they are not totaly legit but are they just the point ratios and the FO rules? I would still like to know exactly what you guys have come up with, but in one easy package.
Bis peccare in bello no licet - One cannot blunder twice in war.