11-03-2006, 01:25 AM,
looking for opponents cmbb
looking for opponents i am only a rookie
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2006, 04:56 AM,
RE: looking for opponents cmbb
Send me an email to [email protected]

I will send a setup. I like the russians so you pick the year. If you have a preference for a QB (att/def or ME) or scenario let me know. I am usually good for at least a turn a day. Since you are on the other side of the world they may be upside down, but daily.
11-03-2006, 10:47 PM,
I haven't heard anything from you. I take it you got your game with someone else. I am crushed. I thought we had such a deep relationship.
11-03-2006, 11:55 PM,
RE:��looking for opponents cmbb
95Bravo(FGM) Wrote:I haven't heard anything from you. I take it you got your game with someone else. I am crushed. I thought we had such a deep relationship.

Shame on you, Bravo - haven't you read this past week's posts? You are experienced here and he is new - therefore it is now only proper to offer him a free game, a hug, and a daisy...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
11-04-2006, 12:45 AM,
Der Kuenstler Wrote:
95Bravo(FGM) Wrote:I haven't heard anything from you. I take it you got your game with someone else. I am crushed. I thought we had such a deep relationship.

Shame on you, Bravo - haven't you read this past week's posts? You are experienced here and he is new - therefore it is now only proper to offer him a free game, a hug, and a daisy...

I take it from the tone of your post mate that you don't agree then with not jumping on new arrivals?

If you are so desperate for games why not simply post a request for them, thats what this board is for after all?
11-04-2006, 06:54 AM,
Geordie - First of all I like you and think you are a cool guy here. But what difference does it make if I post a game offer or answer a post? What would keep me from only answering the responses of rookies to my posts? Many of my open games are with centurions or better. I have two open now with Phil Davies, the all-time leader in games played.

The point I was making is that this is a competitive ladder site. People compete here to try to move up the ladder. The evidence being:

1) The default view of the ladder is the score. Not how many games you've played, but the score. The more you win, the higher your score.

2) An award is given out to the ladder leader. There is no reward for the bottom of the ladder.

3) Everyone agrees that it's fun to see the ladder and to advance up the ladder, otherwise why have a ladder?

4) People who choose, as I did, to learn how to play for keeps here instead of somewhere else will probably lose at first - that's their choice. I did not advise them to learn to play here - they could develop their skills over at Battlefront with all kinds of guys that aren't on a competitive ladder, then come here.

If you are bored with life at the top of the ladder and want to help some guys out for free, great - that's fine - I also help the guys I play out and tell them any secrets they want to know - but I don't like it constantly implied that people are predatory sharks when they are doing what this ladder was set up for - competing with one another for position. Again, if that is not what this site is for, then why is there a ladder and why are scores and records kept? We could all be buddies without that.

I think some are afraid that if a new guy loses he'll quit the site. I personally don't think that has anything to do with it - you either love to play the game or you don't. There are plenty of guys on the ladder with 100+ games and losing records. I myself lost the first 8 games I played here - badly. But you learn from your losses and you survive and you keep getting better - that's the fun of it!
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
11-04-2006, 07:08 AM,
Spoken like a true Republican (in context with current affairs and developments).

lol...

Cheers!

Leto
11-04-2006, 07:22 AM,
Well put mate and I completely understand where your coming from. For the record I agree with most of what you say in your excellent post.

I do however think that DevilThomas's scheme is a good one though and if a game isn't reported it wont affect any ladder standing.

Cheers for explaining yourself in more detail though it is much appreciated.
11-04-2006, 11:37 AM,
Thanks Geordie - you're a reasonable guy and [hirr]Leto - well, I see you are still [hirr]Leto...
11-04-2006, 12:06 PM,
Hi All,

I can pbem for fun or ladder or playtest new scens./maps.

Anybody have room for one more?

Salute,
Ken
[email protected]