• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Any thoughts on Defending the Reich?
10-31-2006, 05:12 PM,
c_Question Mark  Any thoughts on Defending the Reich?
So, now that Defending the Reich has been out a little while, what are the thoughts of those of you who have been playing it?
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2006, 05:25 AM,
RE: Any thoughts on Defending the Reich?
Been playing against the AI, really like it so far...Hoping it continues to a Battle of Britain game...
11-01-2006, 09:29 AM,
I bought DTR and have tried it a couple of times. The tutorials for the British and German sides make it pretty easy to learn. I got up to speed pretty quickly.

It is an interesting game, but not very exciting vs. the AI. It takes a certain mindset to get into bombing games (BTR, DTR, etc.), and I don't think they're my cup of tea. Nevertheless, I'd recommend it to those that like target-bombing games.

The main reason I haven't been playing DTR lately is because I also purchased Birth of America in the same package. This game represents an insurgency situation well and it is a super challenge to play against the AI at the "hard" level. If I ever manage to win the Revolutionary War as the Americans at the hard level then I might try the hardest level. I think the AI in this game plays as well as an experienced human would, and probably plays better than most experienced gamers. Although it has a few minor bugs, I can't recommend it enough to those looking for a fun challenge against an excellent AI. It also portrays Revolutionary War grand strategy very well.
11-04-2006, 01:42 AM,
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe