• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PDT edit ?
10-25-2006, 03:45 AM,
PDT edit ?
Is it possible to add CONGESTION to B44?
If so, how do I do it? I compared it to MG44 and made what I thought was the right changes, but still get no values listed in the parameters.

Why does only B44 have a PDT help file (at least of the games I have)?

Thanks,
Bob
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2006, 05:39 AM,
RE: PDT edit ?
Rev Rico Wrote:Is it possible to add CONGESTION to B44?
If so, how do I do it? I compared it to MG44 and made what I thought was the right changes, but still get no values listed in the parameters.

Why does only B44 have a PDT help file (at least of the games I have)?

Bob - first one last - I built the PDT.HLP file from a txt file John Tiller gave me. I intended it to go with all games, but I don't think John did - perhaps because an HLP file is normally called from a Help Menu and there is no provision in the game to do this. But I guess he did ship it with B44 if you say it is there. It is also available as a download from my website and I think I have a fairly new one there.

It is possible to use Congestion in any other games of the series but you need to indentify the correct lines in the PDT. I'd zero in on the Air Strike Hex limit as it is near the bottom of the file and has only one number of the line.

Four lines below that is the congrestion parameters - it is two values where the first number is normally 0 for allied and 1 for axis. The second number is the number of turns the marker is in effect.

NOTE this was a specific design feature for a very unique situation where the Allies were delayed by Dutch civilians partying in the streets. This doesn't fit for Bulge but you can certainly use it for some other effect if you wish.

Glenn
Send this user an email
10-25-2006, 08:38 AM,
Thanks Glenn.
That's exactly what I thought I tried, but I'll give it another try. Plus I'll download that help file from your website.
As for my rationale for trying it in B44... I've read in numerous sources how both the 2 PzD and 1ss PzD were delayed for hours by horrible traffic jams. As it is, if one plans carefully (esp. if you can breakdown) you can zip right along through the bottle necks. I figured it was worth a test.

Thanks
Bob

BTW, I wanted to reply to another post and say how awesome PzC is!!! I love it!
10-25-2006, 08:58 AM,
No luck.
I counted four lines and put in 1 4 (Axis and 4 turns to expire, right?). I tested it and it still said SIDE: Unknown, EXPIRATION: 0. I ran 7 turns and it still remained in the hex.
I even tried putting 1 4 in the next 6 lines after the airstrike limit just in case, but to no avail - same result. :conf:

Not that important; just wanted to experiment.
Thanks for the help, Glenn.

Bob
10-25-2006, 09:24 AM,
Bob,

What is the PDT version of your PDT file? The default pdt for Bulge is only at version 8, so any additions/changes made after that PDT version will not get read. The version is the very first value in the PDT. Anyway, only values up the those set by that PDT version will get read out of the file. So to make it work, be sure to change the PDT version to match MG, as an example, and make sure you then replicate all the lines of the MG pdt or you will have problems.

If you have set the version properly, then no other suggestions right now.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
10-25-2006, 09:45 AM,
It is 8.
MG is 11.
How do you change the PDT version? Just edit it to read 11?

Thanks,
Bob
10-25-2006, 09:54 AM,
Yep, that will do it. Just be sure that for whatever version you pick, 11 in this case, that you duplicate all the missing lines, and then change the ones - congestion anyway - to what you want. When I have done this, I just copy all the missing lines and paste them into the PDT I am updating.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
10-25-2006, 09:59 AM,
Viola'!

Thank you Rick.