• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

ALT scenarios: correction to the optional rules to use
10-23-2006, 04:27 AM,
b_Exclamation Mark  ALT scenarios: correction to the optional rules to use
Hello all,

I just want to mention that I made a mistake in the required optional rules display in all the notes files. Someone has brought it to my attention that I did not select the Alternate Assault Resolution (AAR) rule which gives no effect to the hard attack range 0 infantry units. ***This is the only ALT Resolution rule that should be used.***

This rule should be used to gain the effect. I will correct it in the next update of the notes file. Sorry about that. If you have started a game already and you are not that far into it then you should restart. If not then it probably won't make that much of a difference unless you are playing an early war PzC.

Sorry about that again.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2006, 05:59 AM,
RE: ALT scenarios: correction to the optional rules to use
Does this apply to all of your ALT scenarios? Just started the T'41 ALT Campaign.

10-23-2006, 09:30 AM,
What's with the huge gif? Is your message in there somewhere? Do I need to know steganography?
10-23-2006, 09:57 AM,
Deturk,

Actually, it applies to all ALT scenarios. It used to only apply to T41 but that was before the OOB changes.

Will it make a big difference? Probably not. That is why I say, if you are already well into an ALT scenario then don't worry about it. But if you just started one or are about to then make sure you pick it.
Send this user an email
10-23-2006, 11:18 AM,
Ed,

Can you give me a sense for the effect of NOT having this option set on, say, the Omaha beach scenario?
10-23-2006, 12:45 PM,
For the most part you would probably see no change in that scenario, but it is hard to say since pillboxes and bunkers are classified as hard targets. Well I say "no change" because although the infantry would probably be less effective at assaulting the bunkers and pillboxes, the Shermans in that scenario would be more effective at it so it will likely factor out. I think the biggest change is for the PzCs that have the range 0 HA ratings such as 1942 and prior.

Anyway, I do not see a reason that it would be a verfy different result but, then again, you will probably have to run a quick experiment with it on (if you are currently playing with it off) to see the main differences.

It may very well turn out that the AAR rule should only be used in certain PzCs or that I will have to turn it off and make all HA ratings have at least a range of 1. But this is all detemined by us, the community as we play it more.
Send this user an email