• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Jutland
10-12-2006, 01:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2006, 01:56 AM by Lowlander.)
Jutland
Played it a few times myself, but often wondered how much better a 3D view would make, using the Panzer Campaign ship models as small, medium and large with 1/2/3 or 4 funnels to represent the various types of destroyers, cruisers and capital ships.
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2006, 01:53 AM,
RE: Enhancement
Oops sorry,
Clicked the wrong button and shot myself in the foot again !!!.
Was replying to the Jutland post.
10-12-2006, 02:42 PM,
RE: Jutland
Unfortunately, HPS just did the three battles and then gave up on the series. They were a good start but there were situations where more work was needed in order for the games to reach the historical accuracy that PzC games have. There were a few threads on Rich Hamilton's site a few years ago but nothing ever came of anyone's suggestions for improvement, which is a shame, since there are a lot of fellows like ourselves having interest. One of my arguments was that the Americans should not have good radar in the Solomon's Campaign, and I listed a long series of battles where the Japanese made 1st contact with optics, and in fact Japanese optics were better than American radar in the Solomaons for a number of reasons. But no changes were forthcoming, ever, and the series is now dead. von ege Cry