• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Blitz Byte Battle Brawl - ROUND 3
11-22-2006, 04:39 AM,
RE: Blitz Byte Battle Brawl - ROUND 3
Getting kicked bad by Raz, it's amazing what 1 Tiger can do when you can't get to it's flank. My game as the Germans is still up in the air. So at this time I can still shout " I am the Best" albeit with a little tremble in the voice.
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2006, 05:20 PM,
RE:��Blitz Byte Battle Brawl - ROUND 3
Fullhouse Wrote:How about a scenario with random reinforcements, that should spice things up a little.

Not sure I can do that...no way to set up QB's with random reinforcements...???
11-22-2006, 07:13 PM,
Rico Wrote:
Fullhouse Wrote:How about a scenario with random reinforcements, that should spice things up a little.

Not sure I can do that...no way to set up QB's with random reinforcements...???

You could set up a scenario with minimal starting forces and have all the points arrive as random reinforcements at different itervals.
11-22-2006, 07:22 PM,
Interesting idea -- let me test it first to see how much of a lottery it becomes.

Next battle will be either an Armoured ME in very open Ukrainian steppes with very few places to hide... or a small and nasty knife-fight for possession and shelter of a small village in the deep winter of January 1942... still undecided.
11-23-2006, 04:42 AM,
Great... they both sound like bundles of fun for my already exhausted infantry. Have to say though Ive been getting my ass handed to me on a regular basis in these little BBB battles... great fun though.

Bootie
11-23-2006, 09:05 AM,
I'd vote against another snowbound one - bit like watching paint dry. cut and thrust of armoured divisons, thats the ticket!!
11-23-2006, 09:17 AM,
Yeah something pacey would be great.

But I'll leave it in Rico's capable hands to come up with a nasty little bitch of a map for us to battle across.

Bootie
11-23-2006, 09:20 AM,
I vote no on random reinforcements. None of these games are inherintley balanced after all and randomising the reinforcements will just push 1 side over the edge I think.

I'm not complaining about the way they are now but the Germans especially may be very disadvantaged by having say only 1 tank on the map to start with against 4 or 5 Soviet. Then there's the chance that 50% of your reinforcement may not show up while your enemy gets the lot of his. If we were playing a 2000 pt battle this may not matter but in these small games I think it will dull rather than sharpen what is already an excellent experience.
11-23-2006, 09:41 AM,
I secured a Total Vic. in my round 3 game with Taffy.

Bootie

11-24-2006, 03:38 AM,
Geordie Wrote:I vote no on random reinforcements. None of these games are inherintley balanced after all and randomising the reinforcements will just push 1 side over the edge I think.

I'm not complaining about the way they are now but the Germans especially may be very disadvantaged by having say only 1 tank on the map to start with against 4 or 5 Soviet. Then there's the chance that 50% of your reinforcement may not show up while your enemy gets the lot of his. If we were playing a 2000 pt battle this may not matter but in these small games I think it will dull rather than sharpen what is already an excellent experience.

You seem to extrapolate a lot there. Why should there be any reason for the russians to start with 5 tanks and the germans 1?

Its a scenario so the starting forces are totaly in the hands of the designer. A sharp shooter each seem fair?

Also reinforcements at 50% will mean that forces would turn up sooner rather than later, but there is no reason for it to be set to 50%, why not 75 or 100 even.