• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Blitz Byte Battle Brawl - ROUND 3
11-01-2006, 02:16 AM,
RE: Blitz Byte Battle Brawl - ROUND 3
HerrS and myself ended up with a draw - he just managed to roll a STG within range of a flag on the last turn to deny me ownership of it which probably cost me a victory:hissy: but a very entertaining battle with some early lucky hits from my Green Russian tank crews before his more experienced crews picked off my 9 tanks leaving my infantry to defend the flags (pretty successfully - 3 out of 4 held and 1 contested) . Yet again full marks to Rico
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2006, 02:42 AM,
It was a slugfest for a while. I have never had green CCCP troops hold ground like LTs, or Soviet light tanks that can take out a Stug on the first shot. That said, I was lucky to have barely salvaged a draw!

Hats off to Elltee for a creative plan. Almost got me!

11-01-2006, 03:51 AM,
9 tanks! Wow, you were served well. MGK picked off all my tanks (3 t34 and 3 T70 by mid game. After that I just hit the "GO" button.
11-01-2006, 05:40 PM,
You'd think that considering I built the damn map I'd know the LOS better.... but NO,... Fullhouse's panzers have been picking off my T-34's at will... very, very painful.
11-01-2006, 06:18 PM,
yeah I had 5 T70's, 1 got picked off early so the other 4 crossed the river and swarmed around a couple of STG's - taking 1 out before 3 succumbed to a further STG and a Marder that appeared on the scene and the final one was taken out by infantry just as it was lining up a side shot at close range on a STG. My 4 T34's headed across the far crossing and took out the Marder at long range before duelling with a single STG, unfortunately the closeness of the terrain meant they were unable to get a side shot on the STG which took them out 1 by 1. If I had taken out this STG I would have had free reign to complete the circle and hit his troops at the first crossing from the rear. 2 Platoons of infantry and an ATR held the first crossing while 1 platoon held the far village but could not stop the STG getting within range of the flag
11-03-2006, 08:22 PM,
My green and conscript t34's sunk in river - they were not match for veteran stugs. I think fast T70 are better in this scenario then t34s
Send this user an email
11-03-2006, 10:58 PM,
MGK(FGM) Wrote:My green and conscript t34's sunk in river - they were not match for veteran stugs. I think fast T70 are better in this scenario then t34s

Yeah right, have a look at this. The trouble with Soviet tanks is that they are crap. 1 Marder did this to me in 2 turns, 3 on the first and 2 on the second. I think this scenario definately favours the Germans slightly, though I'm not complaining, its a level playing field and I'm enjoying it. Its a positive blast to play these QB's.

Attached Files
.jpg   BBBR3.JPG (Size: 315.22 KB / Downloads: 24)
11-03-2006, 11:20 PM,
On the other hand, the view from the other side looks much rosier.

I have just completed my game against Herr Schacht.

Minor Victory to my gallant and outnumbered German force. I was pleased with this one as he took out my only PzIV very early with a bloody lucky shot. A Stug and an AT Team (deceased) saved my day.

The view from the German side

.jpg   BBB3-Schacht.jpg (Size: 337.4 KB / Downloads: 21)

The other flag

.jpg   BBB3 Stug.JPG (Size: 245.91 KB / Downloads: 19)

As with all Soviet Armour, if its not Vet its near as damn useless, unless you get it right up close and personal and if you manage to do this, your a lucky man! Herr Schacht almost did it, lucky for me his Soviet Green Tanks had already used up all their luck.
11-04-2006, 07:12 AM,
I think that Vulture lost his second stug ;-) so it is not so bad now ;-)
Send this user an email
11-05-2006, 10:48 PM,
Two Round 3 results came today:

Victor Charlie scored a Axis Tactical Victory over Zaraza.
and...
Zaraza scored a Axis Minor Victory over Victor Charlie.

These results move Victor Charlie into joint 2nd place with 95Bravo... but Ratzki still looks very comfortable up there in top dog spot! ;)

Rico