• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updated Market-Garden '44 ALT art / scenario pack (again, 4 Oct)
10-05-2006, 11:12 AM,
Updated Market-Garden '44 ALT art / scenario pack (again, 4 Oct)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2006, 11:17 AM,
RE: Updated Market-Garden '44 ALT art / scenario pack (again, 4 Oct)
I have to mention that the increase in protection level radius will help better pull the rein on an allied player that insists on making all out attacks with the 101st and 82nd Airborne in order to trap the German player against the map edges.

So, as an allied player you have been warned to observe the protective hex locations and to historically use these units to defend the "Hells Highway" corridor.

I think this change, combined with the new unit ratings (McNamara based db) will produce a more PBEM historical feel and play balance.
Send this user an email
10-05-2006, 02:24 PM,
Was the area between Grave and Veghel hotly contested? I don't know the battle well enough...It looks a bit barren without any objectives. It looks like a good place to cut the supply line. Not that I'm suggesting putting any objectives there, it would depend on how fought over the area was.
10-06-2006, 06:25 AM,
Hmm... from what I understand the main German resistance was south and north of there so the area between Grave and Veghel saw little problems. I think this is mainly because of the broken terrain in the area.

I could be mistaken though (I am not looking at the map at the moment).
Send this user an email
10-06-2006, 06:40 AM,
Veghel was the focal point of the 107 Pz Bgd attack on Sept 22-23. They cut the highway between Uden and Veghel.

AFAIK no action took place between Uden and Grave.

-Bob
10-06-2006, 07:03 AM,
RE:��Updated Market-Garden '44 ALT art / scenario pack (again, 4 Oct)
Rev Rico Wrote:Veghel was the focal point of the 107 Pz Bgd attack on Sept 22-23. They cut the highway between Uden and Veghel.

AFAIK no action took place between Uden and Grave.

-Bob

That is correct. Also see my CS scenarios "Panthers on Hell's Highway", "Cutting the Corridor" and "Clearing the Corridor".
The next day the highway was cut at the wooded area at the hamlet of "Koevering" by German paratroopers of Batallion Jungwirth and later reinforced with men of FJR6. note that these wooded areas of Koevering and the "Eerdsche Bergen" (wooded sand dunes) are not displayed on the map unfortunately.

Huib
10-06-2006, 01:28 PM,
Right, I should of said between Uden and Grave.
Send this user an email