• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DTR-Bugs a plenty
10-01-2006, 03:28 PM,
DTR-Bugs a plenty
I'm sorry to report this, but this game has a few bugs.

I found a few, not game killers when I was just playing it against the AI. Things like being given an initial 7 op points for the German, use up the last on some specific airgroup and magically receiving 14 extra points!

Okay, that wasn't a big deal. There were a few others, but nothing I couldn't live with.

Try to get a PBEM game going? Ha, surely you jest.

My opponent and I have tried 4 games, each one of them ending in some bug.

The latest: As the German, we ran the first turn, I saved the game after I was done with my interceptions and saved it. My opponent said he couldn't open it as it had a .raf suffix. So I said I would run the raid again and I decided not to intercept his raid since I knew where he was going.

So I stood the Luftwaffe down, most resting or training, and as soon as I start the turn it says,"Raid E low on fuel", over and over and over. Then his moskito raids come in, do their damage and his "raid E" -his main raid, comes in stays over Germany for hours and doesn't go on to his target that I saw him fly the previous time I played the turn. This raid "E" stays over Germany flying from one hex to the one next to it until the sun comes up where the day fighters destroy the raid.

I ran the turn again-duplicate bug.

Other bugs were "Password incorrect" and the like.

Hiroo
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2006, 03:46 PM,
RE: DTR-Bugs a plenty
Game running fine for me, both vs AI and PBEM. :smoke:
10-02-2006, 03:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2006, 04:01 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
HirooOnoda Wrote:I'm sorry to report this, but this game has a few bugs.

Well, at least you reported them to HPS with save game files so they can be looked at. Please let us know when you hear back what HPS says about them. I'm sure the guys would like to read about that as well.

Glenn
Send this user an email
10-02-2006, 06:56 AM,
I have played two campaigns vs the AI, one from each side with only one small hiccup which may or may not have been due to Win 98. I have a PBEM going into turn 5 or so with no problems.The PBEM file save is a little different from PzC,having two different filenames, one for each side. As far as I can tell, this release meets the standard I have come to expect from HPS.

Kuriltai
10-02-2006, 07:09 AM,
Hirro,

Haven't seen any report from you to HPS - and to be honest, you are the only person reporting this number of issues. There have been a few quirks reported since the game released, but certainly no show stoppers.

As always, issues should be reported to [email protected] and we will handle them appropriately.