• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TFB Stacking
09-27-2006, 04:32 AM,
TFB Stacking
Hello All,

In playing TFB I have noticed that I cannot stack two divisions in the same hex.

In addition I cannot have multiple divisions from different hexes attack a single hex due to stacking.

Didn't multiple divisions attack a single division all the time in WW2? Almost every wargame I ever played growing up allowed mutliple stack attacks.

Is there something in the game I am missing. Is there an optional rule I need to turn on?

It makes no sense to me that I can't have multiple divisions attack a single hex.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2006, 08:09 AM,
RE: TFB Stacking
Yeah, you can't attack a hex with more than 225 (non Arty) stacking points at any one time. But you can attack a hex over and over again with 225 points from different hexes, just not simultaneously. Not sure on the logic but it works. If you are like me I am tired of games where attackers can blast the enemy with huge odds and hardly take a loss. Not so with the TFB system, frontal assaults with INF will cost you dearly, just as the case was. You can attack a hex with 2 PZ Divs from one hex, thro in some arty and Stukas and you will get 12:1 and a breakthru, just like early WWII. Like I said, I don't get the logic re the attack limits but it works. Note you are not limited in the amount of Arty you can thro into an attack. Also Arty can attack on its own to soften up a hex, like a bombardment.
09-27-2006, 08:23 AM,
RE:��TFB Stacking
Krak Wrote:Like I said, I don't get the logic re the attack limits but it works.

The logic is time scale + coordination.
Plus when units other than Arty attack - it still needs to obey the stacking limits - and like you say it does a great job of removing the killer stacks and odds in combat.

In TFB you have to pay more attention to things that Modified the attack and remove the massive ODDs type action common in WWI.

Glenn
Send this user an email
09-27-2006, 12:39 PM,
Well I ain't arguing its effect. I like it. I kinda figured it was an attack co-ordination thing. Maybe down the track I would like to see some modification to the attackers benefit if a defender is attacked from opposite hexsides during the same turn i.e. to simulate an unexpected attack into the rear of a unit pinned from the front, unless they are in some kind of fortress. No big deal tho, I really like this game. cheers
09-27-2006, 02:20 PM,
Yeah but when is the next one out????????