• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Already having problems with DTR
09-24-2006, 11:19 AM,
Already having problems with DTR
First I can't find and open the training scenario, which never showed up at the end of installation. Second, every time I put the disk into my drive, it tries to install. Ok, I click exit and the game comes up, but I'm wondering, what's the deal? I reinstalled and it's the same. Most importantly, when I try to play a game the graphics are too big for my 19 inch screen. The Campaign Status dialogue is shifted right, too big to read and once I'm in it, because it's too big for my screen, I can't ever leave it, since the exit button is off screen to the right. The available forces is also not completely visable. I don't want to decrease my computer's whole graphics size format every time I open this game. All my other HPS games function perfectly, why not this one? Finally, I sure wish I could quickly exit all the shots of bombed cities in the into and just get to the game, but I can't exit that either, which is the least of my problems. All in all I'm very disapponted thus far as the game, at least in this point in time, doesn't seem to be anywhere near the quality I've come to expect from HPS. I'm in Win 98 which is still supported I presume. :conf: von ege
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2006, 11:38 AM,
RE: Already having problems with DTR
Obviously, I'm not getting a complete installation, which is why it keeps trying to install, and why I don't have a "Getting Started" file. But why? I have 128 MB of Ram and the appropriate Direct X. I'm using a Pentium III. von ege
09-24-2006, 02:12 PM,
1) You don't need the disk in drive to run the game

2) I'm running DTR on a 400meg 128ram laptop with win98, no problems at all ; desktop using win xp no problems either

Send an email to HPS , why are you complaining to us?
09-24-2006, 02:27 PM,
RE:��Already having problems with DTR
PK Powers Wrote:Send an email to HPS , why are you complaining to us?

I thought It was not uncommon here on the Blitz that technical problems are adressed here as well, at least on games that are listed on the ladders.
To me it seems von ege has to adjust his graphics settings in the game but I don't have the game so I can''t tell.
09-24-2006, 02:49 PM,

[/quote]

I'm not complaining to you. I'm asking the membership a some questions. von ege
09-24-2006, 03:05 PM,
Huib Wrote:
PK Powers Wrote:Send an email to HPS , why are you complaining to us?

I thought It was not uncommon here on the Blitz that technical problems are adressed here as well, at least on games that are listed on the ladders.
To me it seems von ege has to adjust his graphics settings in the game but I don't have the game so I can''t tell.

Yes, you are right about the graphic settings, which I need to adjust every time I want to play the game, since evrything is much smaller, and thanks and so much more difficult to see! Gentlemen thanks for the tip on not needing the DVD in the drive to open the game! Still my installation is not complete as I don't have the getting started file. Could someone send me that file? thanx von ege :conf:
09-24-2006, 03:46 PM,
RE:����Already having problems with DTR
Prinz von Egan Wrote:
Huib Wrote:[quote=PK Powers]

I thought It was not uncommon here on the Blitz that technical problems are adressed here as well, ...

Guys - I am hear and if you have a problem with a game I made or help to make you can get info on it here. But I don't own DTR and I think HPS tech support is the best place to ask these types of questions anyway as they don't seem to be discussion type items among members.

...but however you guys wanna run the club and forum is fine by me.

Glenn
Send this user an email
09-24-2006, 07:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2006, 07:59 PM by Gasbag.)
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
09-25-2006, 04:46 AM,
Thanks Gasbag. I'd just like to say that the notion of contacting tech support never entered my mind. I'd never had any technical problems before with any HPS production and had successfully installed MG44 only minutes before my, until now, unsuccessful, attempt to properly install DTR. I've found the training videos as you suggested, altered my graphics settings for the game, and I'm able to play now, and knowing that I don't need to load the disk also helps. Everyone who responed to my plea for help, did in fact help me load and open to game and allowed me to enjoy it, which I'm sure I will. Thanx to all, von ege. cheers