• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Boot Camp is OLD
09-25-2006, 11:21 AM,
RE: Boot Camp is OLD
Hello Grumbler,

You need to change the .zip to a .spm Then you meed to save the .spm fil in the 'mods' folder found in WAW 8.4.

From there you need to run 'modswapper'.

Greybeard
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2006, 11:42 AM,
Grumbler Wrote:Ok, I saved it to a directory. Is it a compressed file and if so what al-gore-rythem does it use? I tried a standard .zip and then a .rar and had no luck either way. Do I run mod-swapper on the V2 file?

You do not open it with anything, simply run modswap program.

Step-by-Step Process for Using the ModSwapper Program

1. Download the Mod file into the MODS folder in your Steel Panthers game folder. The Mod should be named SPWAW Enhanced FV.1 .spm, but .zip files will work too.

2. Run the ModSwapper program. It is located in your main Steel Panthers game folder. The left pane shows all Mods that have been installed; the right pane shows the description of the Mod when it has been selected.

3. Under the File tab, select the Install option.

4. In the window that opens, select the Mod you wish to install. The program should open the MODS folder by default; if it doesn't, navigate to this folder using the Look In: feature. By default, files with the .spm extension are shown; to use a .zip file, change the Files of Type selection box to ZIP Files (*.zip).

5. A new screen opens, showing the description of the Mod you selected. Click on the OK button to install the file.

6. The left pane will now show the file installed. Exit the ModSwapper program.
Send this user an email
09-25-2006, 01:43 PM,
I did that and got an error message; File has already been installed, or somthing along those lines. Does that mean I'm good to go and we are done now? Is it fork time? My initial menu still says V2 8.403
I guess I'll track JP down and see if it works.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
09-25-2006, 11:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2006, 11:35 PM by Alby.)
Grumbler Wrote:I did that and got an error message; File has already been installed, or somthing along those lines. Does that mean I'm good to go and we are done now? Is it fork time? My initial menu still says V2 8.403
I guess I'll track JP down and see if it works.
you have to uninstall V2 with modswap, before you can install FV.1
:)
Your opening screen will say FV.1
Send this user an email
09-26-2006, 02:28 AM,
Quote:Hello RERomine,

Best way to get a game is to post a challenge on the message board.. the Boot Camp area is more of a holding area for new players until a game is played.

I have all the SP games, and would be happy to play a WAW Enhanced game with you..

However, since MBT has been ported to full windows compatability, it's popularity has increased hugely..

Both winMBT and WinWW2 can be downloaded at www.shrapnelgames.com

The H2H mod for WAW can also be downloaded here at the blitz, but you can't use modswapper for it since it's based on the v7.1 game engine. Also a very good Mod IMHO

GReybeard

Hey Greybeard,

Great! Send me an email and we can work out the details.

I have downloaded winSPMBT, but am still having some issues. With a screen resolution of 800x600, the game comes out as 800x300. Kinda awkward that way. On a higher resolution, the screen dimensions are correct, but kinda strange not playing with it full screen.

Contact me at [email protected].
09-26-2006, 06:34 AM,
RE:��Boot Camp is OLD
Grumbler Wrote:I guess I'll track JP down and see if it works.

EekWatch your fin Grummi! Those are his waters:whis:

cheers
09-26-2006, 09:55 AM,
Gummi fin soupEek How savory. First I have to get it working, then JP can try and catch da wabbitt!Big Grin
-Jessica Simpson
09-26-2006, 09:56 AM,
Gummi fin soupEek How savory. First I have to get it working, then JP can try and catch da wabbitt!Big Grin
-Jessica Simpson
09-26-2006, 11:48 AM,
That didn't work. My browser doesn't have a save as option for that URL. It has a 'save page' option, which saves the HTML for that page. Doesn't do me any good, mod swapper won't work on HTML. Is there somewhere I can just DL the files?
-Jessica Simpson
09-26-2006, 12:29 PM,
I found the DL page and DL'd the file, ran mod swapper and my start screen still says Enhanced V2 at the top and V8.403 at the bottom. I think I'll go play Civ II Conquests for a while.
-Jessica Simpson