• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Boot Camp is OLD
09-25-2006, 05:37 AM,
RE: Boot Camp is OLD
Grumbler Wrote:I'm down to 22.23 gigs of hard drvie space. I might go thru thru the bother of upgrading WaW, then again I might just load something else. Mostly I play Conquests as a break from MBT, but that is getting old. I have Tac ops, maybe I'll load that. Let me have another cup of coffee and think on this. Get my other brain cell on line and see what it says.
Hey grumbler, Just a reminder.
you do not need more than one install of SPWAW to use Enhanced.
that is the beauty of the modswap program.
:)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2006, 07:16 AM,
I just did it the lazy way, which works since I have the drive space. ModSwap works pretty quickly, however. Unless you are planning on playing on two different versions at the same time, you really only need one version loaded.
09-25-2006, 07:53 AM,
I'll try to update my version to what is current. I clicked the link for the Matrix site (I guess that 's what it was and got a bunch of code. I then backed out, not feeling any urge to try and figure it out. I'll google in later today, having 2 turns to get out first and a lawn to mow.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
09-25-2006, 08:11 AM,
Grumbler Wrote:I'll try to update my version to what is current. I clicked the link for the Matrix site (I guess that 's what it was and got a bunch of code. I then backed out, not feeling any urge to try and figure it out. I'll google in later today, having 2 turns to get out first and a lawn to mow.
Grumbler, do you mean you got a bunch of code when you went to
www.spwaw.com (not a matrix site BTW)
It was going thru a debug mode earlier, I saw the same thing, usually only lasts a minute or two.
Send this user an email
09-25-2006, 09:23 AM,
Hello RERomine,

Best way to get a game is to post a challenge on the message board.. the Boot Camp area is more of a holding area for new players until a game is played.

I have all the SP games, and would be happy to play a WAW Enhanced game with you..

However, since MBT has been ported to full windows compatability, it's popularity has increased hugely..

Both winMBT and WinWW2 can be downloaded at www.shrapnelgames.com

The H2H mod for WAW can also be downloaded here at the blitz, but you can't use modswapper for it since it's based on the v7.1 game engine. Also a very good Mod IMHO

GReybeard
09-25-2006, 10:36 AM,
Hey Grumbler,

I would love to fight you in the WW2 enviornment. Let me know when you are updated so we can play.

Jad
09-25-2006, 10:55 AM,
jadpanther Wrote:Hey Grumbler,

I would love to fight you in the WW2 enviornment. Let me know when you are updated so we can play.

Jad

Kewl. I'll get to it tonight.
Alby, My timing must have been just right. I hope my timing with my reserves in my game against General SP is as good. He's being diffucult again. Forced me to go guerrilla on him. It's fun but nerve wrecking, never quite sure who is sneaking up on whom.
-Jessica Simpson
09-25-2006, 11:00 AM,
Alby, this is the first para of what I get;
PK
AS you see, the board won't handle it.
I'm running Mozilla, so that might have something to do with it.
-Jessica Simpson
09-25-2006, 11:01 AM,
Alby, this is the first para of what I get;
PK
AS you see, the board won't handle it.
I'm running Mozilla, so that might have something to do with it.
-Jessica Simpson
09-25-2006, 11:10 AM,
Ok, I saved it to a directory. Is it a compressed file and if so what al-gore-rythem does it use? I tried a standard .zip and then a .rar and had no luck either way. Do I run mod-swapper on the V2 file?
-Jessica Simpson