• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Matrix and the new stuff ie CD2 by the Blitz members.
09-28-2006, 05:28 AM,
RE: Matrix and the new stuff ie CD2 by the Blitz members.
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2006, 06:43 AM,
I am confident that Matrix, Jason and the others involved will come out with a stable simpler set of CS discs. Already there are 490 odd members who have shown interest on the message board. The comments on changes tio the engine, Doug Bevard (who wrote many superb scenarios) and the stock scenarios (I collected 312 new EF scenarios and have a total of over 1,000have a total in EF,WF and RS) ALL MISS THE POINT.

THE POINT IS THAT WE WANT TO GET AWAY FROM MULTIPLE DISCS , BATTLE PACKS ETC, TROUBLES WITH DIRECT X (even Microsoft admiitted incompatibility with EF), 1.02-1.03 CONVERSIONS AND WE WANT THE STABILITY OF XP. COMBAT MISSION HAS STABILITY AND SIMPLICITY AND THAT'S WHAT WE NEED FOR OUR GREAT GAME. WE DO NOT NEED FIDDLING AND SQUABBLING OVER TRIVIA.
09-28-2006, 06:50 AM,
Ayuh!......for those of you that don't know that's Maine slang for right on! :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
09-28-2006, 08:20 AM,
Pip,

NO NEED TO SHOUT my friend. Disagreements are what MB's are all about. Would be quite a boring exercise othererwise, yes? What is trivia to some is vital to others.

Personally...I have no troubles PBEM'ing all CS versions on my PC with XP. However, I do look forward to a potenial "one-disc" solution and more scenarios.

Cheers,
Mike

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."
- General George Patton Jr
09-28-2006, 08:58 AM,
I like Doug Bevard's scenarios. If nobody liked them, then nobody would play them.

I was not going to post this reply, but one should not bust on another designer's work. Some may like historical scenarios while others like a good o'le fashioned brawl. I have tried to play games designed by Blitz members. Some of the historical scenarios are great & some just sux.

Perhaps some of Bevard's work needs to be updated. I am sure we could say some of the more recent works of some of our fellow Blitz club designers could use a few adjustments too.

09-28-2006, 09:08 AM,
Gents you want to try out a very good scenarios ? try Black Brigade v2.0 By Maciej Dudkiewicz http://redarrowproductions.com/DGEScen.htm

I played it against the Hawkman and it was a blast. :smg: cheers

Gary
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
09-28-2006, 09:11 AM,
I don't mean to bust Bevards work. I think he would be very capable of improving his scns and he has set some designing standards in the past(that are now surpassed though). Moreover he probably had to deliver a lot of designs in a short time for Talonsoft, while I sometimes need more than a year to produce a single scenario. I do think however the time (and money, sometimes 100s of $) invested in a scn design shows in the final result.

To get back to the original subject of this thread:

I don't see a reason for spending money on something I already have. Business wise it would seem more clever to come up with something new and more attractive and of better quality I would think.
I never had directx or compatability problems since the game came out... so why buy?
I started designing because the stock scns were so bad (and not doing justice to history) and Don Fox's scns were so good, I would be crazy to pay again for something I find mediocre/bad, unless my current cd will not be compatable anymore.... then I'm forced to buy or leave....
09-28-2006, 09:59 AM,
Huib...reasonable people can resonably disagree. Many of Bevard's scns' were based on previously researched data, not hurried study. If 100 people studied the same material, we would have 100 different scenarios. I am sure any astute historian could punch holes in all 100.

Your point seems mainly to be that the original CS work was "mediocre/bad". I (and many others) disagree. To each his own.

P.S. to all- I don't think a new disc will solve compatibility problems as many players won't buy it.

Best regards,
Mike

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."
- General George Patton Jr
09-28-2006, 10:07 AM,
It's the idea that all bugs, conflicts, and XP compatablity problems will be fixed that has me stoked! :smoke:
One disk. New members. Periodic add-ons that are consistent through all the CS games? That is truly priceless! Big Grin

Adding WWI and a one load Vietnam at a later time. Just makes it sweeter!

Bottom line ... anything that prolongs the game and it's play are fine with me! :cool:

cheers
09-28-2006, 11:06 AM,
RE:��Matrix and the new stuff ie CD2 by the Blitz members.
Send this user an email