• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Matrix and the new stuff ie CD2 by the Blitz members.
09-27-2006, 06:37 AM,
RE: Matrix and the new stuff ie CD2 by the Blitz members.
Yeah.........keep it simple.....if they all work under one roof and we don't lose anything............then we can work together from there......sorry about the stock scenarios tho....I almost never play them :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2006, 08:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-27-2006, 08:25 AM by Jason Petho.)
RE:��Matrix and the new stuff ie CD2 by the Blitz members.
Von Earlmann Wrote:Yeah.........keep it simple.....if they all work under one roof and we don't lose anything............then we can work together from there......sorry about the stock scenarios tho....I almost never play them :-)

While I agree, there are a lot of stock scenarios that have a lot of potential if tweaked just a bit. Even as something as simple as adjusting the Victory Conditions would provide a balanced game.

Tightening the Noose at Izyum is a prime example!

Things like that I wouldn't mind taking the time updating to breathe some life into the plethora of stock scenarios.

In addition, there are a number of brilliant custom scenarios that could be included.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho
Send this user an email
09-27-2006, 10:56 AM,
RE:��Matrix and the new stuff ie CD2 by the Blitz members.
09-27-2006, 12:21 PM,
RE: ��Matrix and the new stuff ie CD2 by the Blitz members.
Huib Wrote:Maybe in 1997 Doug Bevards scns were the best. Today I would not even release my own scns if they were of the same quality as Bevards. IMO the majority is not good enough and not doing justice to the full potential of the game. Equipping the new Matrix version with the same old stock rubbish is not what people are waiting for I think. It's an historically/topographically inaccurate hodgepodge collection without any structure. Let's get rid of it now we have the chance!

While I agree with your comments, that does not fit in with Matrix's plan for the first release, let alone time frame.

It would be nice to redo the entire organizations for the Germans and Soviets and start from scratch (for East Front II). Unfortunately, this would impact all existing EF2 scenarios, meaning all .org files would need to be recreated and new .scn files would need to be recreated. That is a HUGE amount of work.

Besides the time to do the above, the major problem with starting from scratch is that old custom scenarios using the older oobs would not be able to be updated into the new system, unless done manually. You have a large collection of West Front scenarios that you have made over the years, it would be a shame to see them not compatible.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

Send this user an email
09-27-2006, 02:21 PM,
I don't really mean starting from scratch: I just mean replace the stock scns with better ones....

If the time doesn't allow for big changes now, I would like to see theme based expansions like "May 1940", The Bulge", "Normandy", Market Garden", "The Rhineland" etc on later dates.
If there was more time however, this is how I would set up the initial disk. The stock scns just wouldn't fit in as most of them are more fantasy than historical and don't even play well.

But... if there are to be additional releases by Matrix with good scns, that would take away much of the pain though.

09-27-2006, 03:23 PM,
Gentlemen, Friends, Idols, and Foe's,,, (think that gets you all!! lolol) I too am very happy and excited to see the whole Matrix dream around the corner,,, hopefully its as everyone hopes and dreams,, I wold love to see some miricle disk that didnt require all the patches, "add-save-map",,,, etc etc etc,,, shit, as computer-retarded as I am (shut-up Herr Strabe!!!) Id love just finding a scenario, accepting a challange, starting a battle without the 'error reading scenario' message we all have grown to hate,,,,, BUT I hope everyone understands that even though to some of you "Campaign Gods" (I mean that as a compliment) the old stock scenario's are 'rubbish' they are the foundation that created what we are all talking about, I hope that even if you yourself never find a reason to just pick a scenario and play it for the enjoyment, you can understand some of us old conservative-thinking soldiers would like to see the original, sometimes imperfect, sometimes unrealistic (God knows Ive had my ass handed to me many a time where in my defeat I was SURE it was a designer flaw!!!! LOLOLOL)... left there,,, like an old history book,,, new technology may have found new explanations but leave the "old Bible" alone,,, PLEASE ADD all your wonderful, new, fair-balanced, better, scenarios,, but like 'Genesis',,, it should always be the first book,,

dayummmm,,, looks like my FOUR cents worth!! ,,
John
09-27-2006, 11:34 PM,
Well said John (JRTXX)...

To further my earlier point...yes, Doug Bevard's scn's were the best in 1997. They are still the best IMHO right now. Jason and others have mentioned tweaking victory conditions, etc to make them better.
I have done that numerous times to the H2H and have altered numerous "vs. PC" games for H2H play...just can't seem to get them posted on this site.

Finally...if you play any scneario for nine years, it will become somewhat predictable and perhaps in need of a tweak to even it out and/or to keep it fresh. The fact that is has been played that long should logically preclude it from being described as "rubbish".

One absolute vote here for the "stock" scns to live on...

Cheers,
Mike
"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."
- General George Patton Jr
09-28-2006, 02:34 AM,
Mike, Contact me with Email regarding your issue with not being able to get those remakes posted. Send the Scenarios Files, zipped and with some sort of consistent naming that includes which game they are for and version.

I'll see what I can do to make them accessable to all
09-28-2006, 02:56 AM,
I'll see if I can dig them up and email you. Not a slam against the club...just hasn't happened for a variety of reasons.

Cheers,
Mike
"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."
- General George Patton Jr
09-28-2006, 03:15 AM,
Lively debate hope someone from Matrix takes note.Jason i agree with a lot of your hopefully your writing some good scenarios to fit on these releases then ill be a bit more happy.PS include Earl's as well.