• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to report game? WWII Europa 39-41
09-12-2006, 07:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2006, 07:28 AM by clambot.)
How to report game? WWII Europa 39-41
[font=Times New Roman][size=medium][color=black]

Hello I was trying to report my loss against Comrade Joukov in our game WWII Europa 39-41 (an ACOW scene) and could not find it on the list of games to report

Did I miss it? or how should we report the game?

73s!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers

ps that font thingy doesn't work for me :-) is just as well I would go oddball with it :-)
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2006, 01:58 PM,
c_Question Mark  RE: How to report game? WWII Europa 39-41
Clambot,

If its not listed why not use the instructions in the Scenarios section to add it into the db so you can post the result ?.

If you dont want to, send me the .sce file and I`ll add it it for you.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
09-13-2006, 11:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2006, 01:31 PM by clambot.)
RE: How to report game? WWII Europa 39-41
Hi Tony!

I didn't know I could add things, I'll give it a shot....

don't be surprised if I'm back soon asking for help though!

......<five seconds later>........

See? :-) I looked at the scenario section .... wow I never knew I could do that!!! but I'm a klutz and don't want to mess up the db....so I will I will email you the .sce file, and you can check to see if I did it right? This is like attempting major surgery from my PoV :-) LoL

edit: more like, attempting major surgery....on myself.....blindfolded....with no anesthesia...<well, maybe a little> LOL....Here I go.....diving in, results to follow :-)

well, Cheers!

cheers
09-13-2006, 04:35 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: How to report game? WWII Europa 39-41
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
09-15-2006, 01:48 PM,
Its.....Its.....Its ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <laughs maniacally while swilling brew> BWAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAHA :-) j/k I'm ok :-)

The only stumbling block I had was the question, "what is the scenario modifier value?" I tried "zero" first, because I didn't know what that means or what it would do, and figured it could be changed if wrong....

but, Elmer slapped me for trying "zero", so I changed it to a .sce modifier of "one" and ...and .... it lived.....<wipes sweat from brow>

if you please, how does one ascertain the scenario modifier value for scenes to add to the db? :-)

also, note the "error while sending email notification" message....should I be concerned about that?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>db message follows:

A new scenario has been added to the Blitz database:

WWII Europa 39-41
for Operational Art of War Ladder

SM: 1 <--------------------?????????????????????
1st side: Germany
2nd side: Allies

Scenario's designer: Paul Schaffranke
Scenario's file name : WWIIEuropa39_41.sce
Scenario's date : 9th January 1939
Scenario's number of turns : 92

Scenario's type : Custom
Scenario can be played in: COW&TOAW III

By clambot on 14th September 2006
error while sending email notification
09-16-2006, 07:32 PM,
Smile  RE: How to report game? WWII Europa 39-41
Hi, Clambot...you did good; well, almost!!

To get the SSM, multiply the scenario size times the number of moves, and then divide by 100. Then compare that result to the scale published on the site....go "scenarios", then to "calculate scenario SM", "OPART".

Don't worry about the "error sending email notification" message. That is customary.

09-20-2006, 10:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2006, 10:59 AM by clambot.)
Thanks! I'm lernin'!

you wrote,

multiply the scenario size times the number of moves

but how do you determine a scenario's "size"....??

is it the square kilometers of the map? or maybe the number of units in the OOB?

oh wait, is it map scale? e.g. if map scale of 5km/hex and 28 mover, then it would be 5*28/100 and compare that to the scale?

Thanks for your help! I'm trying to add another scene, seems like some of the TOAW3 scenes are not yet in the db.

Well, Cheers!

cheers
09-20-2006, 12:41 PM,
Good question! The scenario size is the file size, in KB. Just read it out of your directory in Widows Explorer, using "detail" to view files.

The file size in KB is actually a pretty fair approximation of scenario size and complexity, as both map size and number of units will affect the file size.