• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wired Bridges
09-11-2006, 05:55 PM,
Wired Bridges
When the parameter data reads: Lg Bridge Wired Prob: 0% What does this mean? I know it doesn't mean no chance, since every wired bridge I've run into blows up in my face. von ege. Cry
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2006, 07:17 PM,
RE: Wired Bridges
von Egan;

This is the probability for FULL HEX bridges, as opposed to hex-side bridges. Mainly seen in MG44.

Bill
09-12-2006, 03:31 AM,
Ok then, here is what the data reads for F40:
Bridge Values:
Allied Bridge Value: 30% Axis Bridge Value: 30%
Allied Pontoon Value: 0 Axis Pontoon Value: 15
Light Bridge Strength: 8 Medium Bridge Strength: 12 Heavy Bridge Strength: 16
Wired Bridge Side: Axis Sm Bridge Wired Prob: 85% Lg Bridge Wired Prob: 0%

I'd like to figure out what chances I have of capturing a Heavy Bridge intact. Got any thoughts on the matter? :conf:Thanx von ege :P
09-12-2006, 04:45 AM,
15% - 100% less the 85% chance of the bridge blowing.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-12-2006, 05:43 AM,
von Ege;

The bridge "strength" values are for those scen's where the "wired bridges" function is not active. This is where engineers can destroy bridges, and reflects that a heavy bridge is harder to destroy than a light bridge. If you are playing a scen where the bridges are wired, then there is a 85% chance that ANY hex-side bridge will blow, regardless of whether it is light, medium, or heavy. If bridges are not wired in your scen (though it sounds like they are), then the strength of the bridge will be used as a defense factor against engineers attempting to blow the bridge.

Hope this helps;

Bill
09-13-2006, 02:37 AM,
this may be a dumb question....but if the bridge is wired cant engineers blow the bridge anyway ? (in anticipation of enemy attack)
09-13-2006, 03:35 AM,
tojothedog Wrote:this may be a dumb question....but if the bridge is wired cant engineers blow the bridge anyway ? (in anticipation of enemy attack)

If the scenario has wired bridges, the answer is No. von ege :cool: