• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario Comments
09-10-2006, 08:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2006, 08:48 AM by Hobbes.)
Scenario Comments
I think giving players the opportunity to comment on what they like and dislike about a scenario is a good thing. But this can also be very frustrating to a scenario designer. In fact sometimes it might be bloody frustrating.

If somebody says a designer put a tree in the wrong place when that designer knows damn well a fine Oak occupied the ground what can they do about it? There is no area available to leave comment.

This recently happened to a designer friend of mine. It would be great for him if he could counter the argument given against his fine scenario on the ratings page. The only way he can do this is to actually play the game and then leave his own message. Obviously he does not want to do this as he realises it might be seen as a little sad.

Could there be a scenario designer password to allow my friend to add comments to a text area to justify his design decisions?

Hobbes
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2006, 12:13 PM,
RE: Scenario Comments
No need to justify anything..........if the scenario is good people will play it :-)......shoot I've found if the scenario isn't so good...people will play it.........I gave up trying to please everyone along time ago.......actually I gave up trying to please anyone......roflmao!
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
09-10-2006, 10:07 PM,
Good point Earl! :)
09-11-2006, 03:32 AM,
Likewise you cant have everything you want-but it would be nice.Everybody has a different oppinion on each scenario i think.