• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question on Rising Sun Far East Mod
09-10-2006, 06:17 AM,
b_Exclamation Mark  Question on Rising Sun Far East Mod
Hawk and I are playing a bunch of the scenarios from the Far East Mod at the moment and I encountered a potential design problem.

In this scenario (Internecene Warfare), I am the Communist Chinese and have a bunch of spear-equipped peasant militia units that appear as reinforcements in the middle of the map and among enemy units. The spear units do not have a soft or hard attack factor, just an assault factor, which on the surface seems to make sense. The problem is that without attack factors, the spear units do not spot units that they bump into. Like trucks, they get a message that they cannot move into an enemy-controlled hex, but do not spot the units in the hex. This is made worse in this scenario in that they appear as reinforcements in an already enemy occupied village. Therefore, even with 100 AP available, they cannot assault an enemy they know is there, but haven't officially "spotted", yet. :angry:

As a suggestion as a future change if the Far East mod is ever updated, the spear militia units could maybe be given a 1-hex range, value 1 soft attack factor (zero hard attack factor) to allow them to bump and spot adjacent enemy units. The value 1 attack factor would be fairly useless, making them still mostly an assault-unit, but would make them a little more usable.
Quote this message in a reply