• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New here! and want game (of MBT)
09-11-2006, 01:19 PM,
RE: New here! and want game (of MBT)
Narwan! good to see that you are slill alive! now about our little game...I believe that it was over what type of curry to use.....

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2006, 12:08 AM,
RE:��New here! and want game (of MBT)
09-12-2006, 12:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2006, 12:14 AM by Narwan.)
Double post
09-12-2006, 01:00 AM,
Narwin you are wrong. What sort of evidence will you accept? Sometimes when people are wrong, they refuse to admit it. I will accept as evidence notice of a programming change to the spotting formula. Until then I will go ahead and stick with the original formulas which gave a 25% bonus to infantry spotting attempts and treated scout vehicles as not-moving for thier spotting attempts. Nothing 'Majic' about this, it's just part of the logical scheme of SP. I have unopened SP1,SP2 and SP3. IIRC, the code for scouts has been in effect since day 1. That is why I will accept notice of a programming change as evidence.
Load one of the blank maps into the scenario editor. buy a scout, set it out . drive a tank at it, one hex a turn. note when you spot that tank. reload the map, but a leg line unit, and do it again. See the difference? Now do it with a vehicle. If this test doesn't satisfy you, there are others we can make. Scouts DO get a bonus. If you like WaW, look in the manual (v4.1). I think it is someplace around page 84. For some reason that sticks in my mind. Or look up spotting and let Adobe take you there.
The Formula should bethere for all to see. It hasn't changed since SP1. Or at least there has been no notice of it changing. Since this is a MAJOR part of the game, I would expect a notice. That is why I'm willing to accept such a notice as evidence.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
09-12-2006, 03:01 AM,
09-12-2006, 03:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2006, 03:36 AM by PYROS.)
Hi Grumbler,

FYI, Narwan has discussed the above issue with the SPCAMO developers, and they haven't confirmed anything special concerning recon units.
So either the SPCAMO developers ignore this special rule or this thing is only found at the WAW variant of the game.

IMO, this special rule is only limited to the WAW variant.

cheers,
Pyros

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
09-12-2006, 05:08 AM,
And for those in doubt, an extensive test I just did to make sure there wasn't a bug that gave scouts more spotting than they should have showed absolutely no difference whatsoever in spotting ability between similar units who have or have not the scout designation.

For those doing some testing of themselves, remember to make sure that the stats (especially experience) are exactly the same for the units you are comparing and also that they have exactly the same number of men. Try to get them as closely matched as you can (use ScenHack).

Those who wish to know more details about this test can contact me off-forum (via PM).

Narwan
09-12-2006, 07:31 AM,
Hey Grumbler.

I just read over the posts again and am curious as to who was claiming rookie status with over 100 games?
09-12-2006, 07:33 AM,
Hey Grumbler.

I just read over the posts again and am curious as to who was claiming to be a rookie?
09-12-2006, 08:45 AM,
I'm still a rookie at this game..........