• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

22. Panzerdivision in S42
09-08-2006, 06:40 AM,
22. Panzerdivision in S42
Is there any reason 22. Panzerdivision is full strength in S42? PzGr Regt 140 and III./ Pz Regt 204 had been detached to form 27. Panzerdivision in the Voronezh region in October 1942.

Also of course in the game the division has 3. Panzerdivision's PzGr Regt's (3. and 394.)Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2006, 08:45 AM,
RE: 22. Panzerdivision in S42
Boy I wanted to bring this up for a long time but it seems like I'm the one whos always raining on the parade, so I just decided to keep quiet and wait for somebody else. Also the 1st batt of the artillery regt went to 27th Pz at the same time.
09-08-2006, 12:16 PM,
RE:��22. Panzerdivision in S42
Richrd Wrote:Boy I wanted to bring this up for a long time but it seems like I'm the one whos always raining on the parade, so I just decided to keep quiet and wait for somebody else. Also the 1st batt of the artillery regt went to 27th Pz at the same time.

Willl have to look into this guys - we had very accurate numbers fo rthe tanks and the type of tanks. And I recall discussing some passages we read about the trouble they had getting some of these tanks going because mice had chewed into the wires.

On the Inf strength - not sure where that come from but we are looking into it. I just checked my situation maps and it shows the divs position - not specific regiments in this div in the reserve. If you have some info that substaniates what your saying we are.

Thanks
Glenn
Send this user an email
09-08-2006, 01:34 PM,
I believe that the numbers of vehicles are right on. Just that there was no III/204 Pz Regt, or any of the other listed units.
09-08-2006, 01:45 PM,
By being placed in regiments, will these tanks have a higher chance of incurring breakdown losses to simulate the patriotic Russian mice attack?

Or will we need mouse counters with special routing rules to head towards the straw when the Germans attack the mice.

Big Grin Big GrinBig Grin

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
09-08-2006, 02:37 PM,
No - you would just have to use divisional movement for the mouse counter - I dont think stacking would be an issue but we would need a new form of attack hotkey - bring it up at Tillercon II
09-08-2006, 02:39 PM,
RE:��22. Panzerdivision in S42
Richrd Wrote:I believe that the numbers of vehicles are right on. Just that there was no III/204 Pz Regt, or any of the other listed units.

I hear you - but I'd like tro see where the info is coming from - maybe you could scan a few pages and send by email with the source of the info.

"...or any of the other listed units" is a bit vague too. I mean the unit is correctly marked as a Div and I do recall checking and discussing those tank numbers in a few sources and they didn't mention the div was a shell or anything. That isn't to say you info isn't correct, I just want to see it and perhaps cross reference it with what I have and maybe what Mike may have too.

Anyway - if we've made and error, than I'll be sure to make a correction.

Glenn
Send this user an email
09-08-2006, 02:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2006, 02:54 PM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email
09-08-2006, 05:54 PM,
09-08-2006, 06:00 PM,
I have not tried it but can you not just delete the unit from the oob?

I also have to say that having to change each scenario is a major pain can you not change the main one and then change the map size and it just selects that portion of the scenario. I have tried this on another game and it worked ok.

I have to say that the scenario design tools seem a tad cluncky in places and that stops me doing some of the things I would like to do. I therefore admire anyone who works on these it is a major task. I think some development on this side of things would help the designer/developers as well as leading to more imput from community members.

Also the map making seems like very hard work compared to other Tiller games of the past.

This is by way of comment not a moan that the system is rubbish.

On other posts people have moaned about the MG map anyone know why they think it wrong or bad. Also where do I get the revs scenario?

Mike