best
jan
'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.'
- Groucho Marx
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2006, 05:40 AM,
RE: PZC System not much being said
-about air recon :
in the game, you select an hex and the airplanes recon the area around this hex. Fine but what is happening on the way ? is the pilot blind ?
I mean, especially in the desert, it is almost impossible to miss vehicles moving because of the cloud of sand, even if you don't have a close look at the ground.
I think the recon unit should recon the area selected but also on the way to the area selected.
[/quote]

Hi. This system simulates tactical air recon in that the planes fly at altitude until they reach the requsted area and then drop down to take a look. So the air recon rules does seem to be an accurate simulation. von ege :cool:
09-09-2006, 09:30 AM,
Radetzky Wrote:dog soldier,

i'd like to correct you on a small detail:

all german units routinely executed soviet commissars
right from the start of the russian campaign in june
1941. higher command issued specific order to do so
(the so-called 'Kommissarbefehl'). criminal acts like
these did not result from escalating violence in the
course of the war but were an integral element of
german war plans from the outset.

best
jan

Greetings to the Hungarian Army! We sometimes forget, because wargaming can be such fun, that the Nazi policy was not only war against the Soviet state, i.e a political war, but also a racial war, with the object to enslave and eventually eradicate all Poles, Ukranians and Russians in Europe. von ege :soap:
09-09-2006, 10:04 AM,
RE:��PZC System not much being said
Death Wombat Wrote:That's why I tend to like the alt fire rules for artillery, because I simply do not have the patience to go through each and every elligible battalion and fire it twice. But those who have mentioned that the resulting carnage is often unbalancing are very right, so I'm not sure what to do.

Try holding the ALT Key when you fire your arty units and all the shots will go at the one target - that is what I normally do as I don't like to micro manage the fire in larger games at least.

One click for Arty unit that way.
Send this user an email
09-09-2006, 11:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2006, 11:03 AM by Jazman.)
When I'm playing an East Front game, and my children ask, "Who's the good guy?" I tell them, "In this one, they're all bad guys."

While I bitterly detest communism and all it's nefarious deeds*, the Poles and other Eastern Europeans were not considered sub-human by the communists.

* Both my parents' families fled Lithuania ahead of the advancing Russians, ended up in the US occupation zone, and thence to America.
09-09-2006, 05:23 PM,
Here's my two cents worth,

How about when you use the Organization dialog, and click on a unit,it takes you to that unit,and make the dialog box bigger.

Bushman
09-09-2006, 06:39 PM,
09-10-2006, 11:11 AM,
Again some good seeds of ideas here in this thread....

The motor pool idea simulates the American Army in 1944 France, but I would be careful with it in the desert. the idea needs refinement along national lines. Many Italian units were left to their fate at EA42, when the Germans decided to bug out for Tunisia. Only a couple of Italian units were motorized and could keep up with the German's flight in that retreat.
Other examples would be the Axis satellite armies in Russia. Even the German Army in F40 was not motorized to the degree many previously thought they were. In Poland, 1939, the Panzers did not even operate as a separate arm but moved with the infantry.

Late in the war the German reliance on horse transport came to haunt them in the Soviet Summer offensives of 1944. Many German infantry divisions, or what was left of them, disintegrated. Having a transport pool there would seem very unrealistic.

The Soviets, never had enough transport to supply a breakthrough for very far, let alone dedicate any to moving "foot" units.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
09-10-2006, 11:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2006, 11:22 AM by Dog Soldier.)
Jan,

I stand corrected. The Nazis did have that policy from the beginning of Barbarossa.

Prinz von egan makes a good point on the air recon idea. There would also have to be some further refinement to the air rules for interception of air recon if it was made more powerful to see all the hexes between two player chosen points.
Then you have to address the gamey play of sending air recon across the width of any large bulge in the lines like those that occur in many CGs. Should the player be able to see 35-40% of the defenses inside such bulge with one air recon mission? R42 comes to mind as a place where these "bands of information" would seem unreal.
Finally, HPS has stated this a ground combat system with some abstract air elements. Is the juice worth the squeeze? <---often said by SG. Beat him to it this time. :)

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
09-12-2006, 11:56 PM,
RE: ��PZC System not much being said
Glenn Saunders Wrote:
Death Wombat Wrote:That's why I tend to like the alt fire rules for artillery, because I simply do not have the patience to go through each and every elligible battalion and fire it twice. But those who have mentioned that the resulting carnage is often unbalancing are very right, so I'm not sure what to do.

Try holding the ALT Key when you fire your arty units and all the shots will go at the one target - that is what I normally do as I don't like to micro manage the fire in larger games at least.

One click for Arty unit that way.

Yeah, that works, but you still gotta wait for each shot to be resolved. I'm very impatient! :P