• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How does divisional movement work?
09-02-2006, 04:34 AM,
How does divisional movement work?
I've tried this and can't figure it out. For example; as the French in 1940, if I set up divisional movement, the A/I will move everything and we all know we don't want that! So how do I get the A/I to just move those divisions I want it to move and leave everything else alone? Thanx; von ege. :rolleyes:
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2006, 04:48 AM,
RE: How does divisional movement work?
Divisional movement you have to do each and every time you want to move that division or group of units from that division. It requires selecting the lead unit hex without actually selecting a unit, then <alt> click on the hex you want the units to move toward. If they don't reach the destination, then the next turn requires doing the same thing.

Or you can set AI orders, which it sounds like is what you are doing. For that, selecting a unit and <alt> clicking will issue an AI order and at the end of your turn the AI will move these groups toward the destination.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-02-2006, 04:58 AM,
Cool, thanks Ricky. I tried the former and it works! I selected the Divisional HQ, then clicked on the destination and voila, a big red arrow appeared and the division will, I hope, move in that direction. And it did, after I clicked the end of turn button! That sure makes handling these huge armies easier. von ege Big Grin
09-02-2006, 05:12 AM,

One problem i have found with Divisional movement alot of units will move across minefields and other obstacles almost everytime where as if you were movinmg them you would never do that
09-02-2006, 05:19 AM,
RE:��How does divisional movement work?
[Image: exercise.png]
09-02-2006, 08:04 AM,
RE: ��How does divisional movement work?
Send this user an email