• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad '42 - Sitrep
08-26-2006, 09:41 PM,
Stalingrad '42 - Sitrep
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2006, 01:28 AM,
RE: Stalingrad '42 - Sitrep
Thanks for the report. Always enjoyable.
08-27-2006, 01:43 AM,
RE: Stalingrad '42 - Sitrep
A well-detailed sitrep. Hadge, you should give us some more details, however, of your plans for the nest 10-20 gameturns. And perhaps fill us in with areas of your offensive that you feel are vulnerable to counter attack?:whis:

The great thing about the Stalingrad game is that, despite my own perceptions initially, the Germans can indeed counter attack and achieve some offensive success--even in Stalingrad. As to my bloody Stalingrad offensive, it does take a certain amount of coldbloodedness to cast your infantry into the teeth of that defense, but I figure that wiping out the two northern pockets is well worth the cost as it frees up two divisions.

I would agree that my attack against the "Iron" Division was not pushed forward with vigor. I was hoping to cause consternation and perhaps hesitation on the part of the Soviet. I think I got the worst of it, though.

As to my mobile forces west of the Don....who knows where they are??:smg:

The Soviet forces seem to be making a concerted effort at distroying the 376th and 44th IDs.

All in all, a nail-bitter even at this early stage. Am I damaging myself more than I am gaining from my small counter attacks in the North?

A great game!