• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario Balance rating?
08-26-2006, 06:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2006, 06:05 AM by Thor.)
Scenario Balance rating?
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2006, 06:59 AM,
RE: Scenario Balance rating?
I think the number applies to whoever has "first side" ?
I always check # of wins for the sides to check balance.
08-26-2006, 09:30 AM,
The number of wins is certainly an indicator, but does not take into account the skill levels of the contestants. You can evaluate that on a subjective case by case basis, but it is much faster to be able to scroll down to the player evaluations and see what guys you know and trust thought about it.

I find that to be the most reliable indicator of balance.

It seems to me there should be a uniformity within CS as to the numerical assignments for Allied and Axis. That would make it consistent, simple and fast.

Thor
08-26-2006, 08:23 PM,
I have yet to figure out how the new rating system actually works?
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
08-27-2006, 03:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2006, 03:56 AM by Hobbes.)
The "new" rating system is broken. If you look at the ratings that people have given divided by the number of people rating you get a bogus number.

I hark on about this every few months. Can it be fixed or can we have the old system back but keep the comments? If not can we just have the old system back? It worked!

Edit - oops sorry - I'm talking about the "old new" rating system for CS (I think designed by Umbro). The "new new" rating system is also broken?

08-27-2006, 06:36 AM,
Yeah......what Hobbes said :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
08-27-2006, 08:11 AM,
hobbes is always saying, LOL and I know he's frustrated, but no one is producing any ideas on HOW to make it correct that will satisfy everyone!

we'd be happy to dwell upon the issue and make changes if somebody would take the time to design it :)
08-27-2006, 08:20 AM,
We can't just back it out then? Get the old version back?
I'm not frustrated I sort of like having a moan every few weeks :)

Maybe I can just say my two WF scenarios are great:-
"Cross of Lorraine" and "Hells Corner: Vanguard" Don't believe the ratings.
(Apart from the good ones)
Look out for the Korean war scenarios coming out soon.

Now I feel better.
Hobbes