• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updated France Campaign with Strategies
02-15-2007, 12:22 PM,
RE: Updated France Campaign with Strategies
Yes, there is some discussion going on regarding changes to the Belgians that I wanted to see resolved before doing so - they are probably too tough is the reports I have seen at Campaigns France. I need to touch base with David Guegan on it, and Dog Soldier will give it a look for anything as he had some suggestions for me too and I wanted to make sure they weren't missed, but was waiting on a determination on the Belgians.

Sorry for the delay - trying to get it all right at once, if possible.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2007, 01:36 PM,
Quote:trying to get it all right at once, if possible.

That is going to be hard Big Grin But we will do our best :whis:
Send this user an email
02-16-2007, 03:46 AM,
"Yes, there is some discussion going on regarding changes to the Belgians that I wanted to see resolved before doing so - they are probably too tough is the reports I have seen at Campaigns France."

The Bicyclists are way too tough. Anybody ever tried to park 600 bicycles? You can't just throw them into a heap, not if you want to use them again. The bicyclists need to stay near roads, and people need to guard the bikes and park them. Those guys are scouts, and right now they are some of the toughest units on the board, bar none. von ege:cool2:
02-16-2007, 10:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2007, 10:15 AM by Liebchen.)
Bicyclists
Prinz von Egan Wrote:The Bicyclists are way too tough. Anybody ever tried to park 600 bicycles? You can't just throw them into a heap, not if you want to use them again. The bicyclists need to stay near roads, and people need to guard the bikes and park them. Those guys are scouts, and right now they are some of the toughest units on the board, bar none. von ege:cool2:

Who says that they have to "park" their bicycles? Couldn't they lay them down on the side of the road?

I8 I8 I8 I8 8I I8 8I I8 I8 I8 8I I8 Ib <- (this one has a flat tire...)
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Present smaller targets that way, too...
02-16-2007, 11:08 AM,
Ahhhh, but perhaps you forget the famous 3rd Bicycle Battalion of Brugge (suicide)! These fellows did not discard their bicycles, but rather rode them at full speed into combat to crash them into tanks! There are some well documented cases of the bicycle frames/mangled flesh jamming the treads of Panzer II's, thus immobilizing them.

Fury
02-16-2007, 01:02 PM,
RE: Bicyclists
"The Bicyclists are way too tough. Anybody ever tried to park 600 bicycles? You can't just throw them into a heap, not if you want to use them again. The bicyclists need to stay near roads, and people need to guard the bikes and park them."

"Who says that they have to "park" their bicycles? Couldn't they lay them down on the side of the road?"

Because they are military units that require order to function! They can't be left around to be stepped on. Unit cohesion always requires military order, in every respect. von ege :cool2:
02-16-2007, 01:30 PM,
Well, I think if a unit had to they would just jump off the bikes and leave them. They can be sorted out later as you would always have at least (bikes - 1) amount of men remaining. I mean, it is not as if they had personalized bikes, although them might have been serial numbered. ;)
Send this user an email
02-16-2007, 01:34 PM,
"Ahhhh, but perhaps you forget the famous 3rd Bicycle Battalion of Brugge (suicide)! These fellows did not discard their bicycles, but rather rode them at full speed into combat to crash them into tanks! There are some well documented cases of the bicycle frames/mangled flesh jamming the treads of Panzer II's, thus immobilizing them."

If this is true, then I withdraw all my comments about Belgian bicyclists and concede they are fully entitled to their B rating, and 14 defense. von ege :conf:
02-16-2007, 01:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2007, 10:46 AM by Tortue Agile.)
I edited my last answer because I realize that you were not seeking a serious answer.

I let you have fun with that one. I wouldn't want to be the party crasher. Big Grin
Send this user an email
02-16-2007, 02:05 PM,
"Well, I think if a unit had to they would just jump off the bikes and leave them. They can be sorted out later as you would always have at least (bikes - 1) amount of men remaining. I mean, it is not as if they had personalized bikes, although them might have been serial numbered. ;)"

It sounds easy I know. But having dealt with large numbers of bicycles it is not that easy. They are very delicate, and yes, you can leave one laying around when you go to the beach, but parking 200-600 bicycles in a combat zone is a completely different story. von ege :mad: