• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updated France Campaign with Strategies
09-08-2006, 02:04 PM,
RE: Updated France Campaign with Strategies
James,

A new update is in the works right now. Several small issues were found in recent "live" games with the current scenario. None of these changes are big enough to cause you a problem playing the scenario. They are more like tweaks.

Not sure when these changes will be ready. RickyB or Tortue Agile could answer that question.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2006, 02:12 PM,
Well while you guys are at it, how about slowing down those Belgians a little bit? They should not be allowed to crank up at the very moment the Germans launch. Really! The Belgian Army wasn't that good! von ege. Eek
09-08-2006, 02:23 PM,
The game is actually taking place after the Germans had crossed the border. In the stock versions the Belgians are little more than VP fodder. They can not even slow the German attack for a day.

This version is a "what if" version. It is not meant to be completely historical in the result. The expected result is that the Allied command was expecting the attack, since the war started the previous fall, and was not so totally devoted to a pre-set strategy. The Allied command is more flexible in this version as any player would be.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-05-2007, 04:18 PM,
Hi -

I thought I would check back. Is this scenario still being tweaked or is subject to further revisions now that the December 2006 F40 patch is out?

Thanks.
01-10-2007, 01:33 PM,
bump
01-10-2007, 02:12 PM,
David Guegan sent me some updates a couple of weeks ago - they got buried in a deluge of mail and I haven't looked through them yet - I just came across them mixed in with some other files actually. So there is his update, but I need to check to see if unit quality ratings have been updated, if not get with him on that. Otherwise I am not aware of anything else needing updated.

Thanks
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-10-2007, 03:01 PM,
Thanks much - would love to try this variant but want to wait to make sure its as final a version a you could expect.
01-15-2007, 09:28 AM,
Where is the scenario posted?
01-15-2007, 02:04 PM,
It is here at the Blitz, under Scenarios - France '40 - 0510_91: The Invasion of France and Belgium (w/German Strategy), which actually has a full set of strategies.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-15-2007, 12:16 PM,
Another bump for Ricky B....is the F40 revised version going to be updated again? Thanks in advance.