• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updated France Campaign with Strategies
02-16-2007, 02:14 PM,
RE: Updated France Campaign with Strategies
"Ahhhh, but perhaps you forget the famous 3rd Bicycle Battalion of Brugge (suicide)! "

I could, unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, find no reference to this famous suicide battalion on the internet. von ege :whis:
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2007, 05:44 PM,
RE: Bicyclists
Prinz von Egan Wrote:"Who says that they have to "park" their bicycles? Couldn't they lay them down on the side of the road?"

Because they are military units that require order to function! They can't be left around to be stepped on. Unit cohesion always requires military order, in every respect. von ege :cool2:

Ah, I can see it now:

"Dismount...... (wait for it!)... BIKES!!!!

Kickstands...... DOWN!!!!"

*CRASH*

"Jonesy, you blasted IDIOT!!! Can't you do ANYTHING right?!?!"

"No, Color Sergeant!"

"Well, pick up your bicycle, then lad! The Hun won't exactly wait for us, now, will they?"

"No, Color Sergeant!"

"Company, left.... TURN"

"(Your other left, blasted fool!)"
02-17-2007, 08:58 AM,
RE: Bicyclists
"Ah, I can see it now:
"Dismount...... (wait for it!)... BIKES!!!!
Kickstands...... DOWN!!!!"
*CRASH*
"Jonesy, you blasted IDIOT!!! Can't you do ANYTHING right?!?!"
"No, Color Sergeant!"
"Well, pick up your bicycle, then lad! The Hun won't exactly wait for us, now, will they?"
"No, Color Sergeant!"
"Company, left.... TURN"
"(Your other left, blasted fool!)"

Very, very funny Liebchen! I got a good laugh out of this one. Howsomever, the fact remains that those Belgian bicyclists are some of the toughest shock troops on the board, even though they A: Were light infantry with no heavy weapons, and B: Hed to stay near their bicycles, not only to keep them in good order for their next move, whatever it was, but because the bicycles are an intregal part of their military organization. As it is right now, they stand up to 7th panzer, no problem. von ege:cool2:
02-18-2007, 05:07 AM,
600 bicycles make a great tank barrier. They foul up the treads as the tanks cross them. This alone should raise the defense rating of the Belgian bicyclists from 14 to 16 against armored attacks. :rolleyes:

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
02-18-2007, 07:37 AM,
Hi -

On the revised scenario, if you can please double-check as well that the perma-fixed 1e DLM and 21e DLI issue is taken care of. I am playing a F40 PBEM right now as Allies, and it is tough seeing two Allied divisions near the front frozen for the game (at least until the Germans bump alongside them). I understand a later patch cured this, but just wanted to raise the issue. Thanks.
03-08-2007, 03:36 AM,
I love this game, I am just about to finish the giant no stopping campaign against the AI - and it's a lot of fun. I am really looking forward to this scenario. Thanks for all the hard work.:cool:
03-24-2007, 01:18 PM,
*bump*