• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Medals
08-21-2006, 12:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2006, 12:21 PM by Currahee.)
Medals
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2006, 03:58 PM,
RE: Medals
I would like to help out ....

but my art is the same quality as the Lascaux caves !.

http://www.culture.gouv.fr/culture/arcnat/lascaux/en/
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
08-22-2006, 09:36 AM,
I'm not much artsy, but I would suggest campaign ribbons tailored to certain efforts?

Say, a campaign ribbon for completing a tourney; or a campaign ribbon for certain number of victories in certain scenes? (Dreaming of a NATO / WP campaign ribbon :))

You might even be able to splash them (ribbons) onto the ladder, under where it shows our ranks?

Just my 2 cents!
08-22-2006, 12:01 PM,
Those are great ideas, I was thinking along those lines <Ha, do you believe that?>. Not just medals or ribbons for more wins, because we have rank for that, but for special achievements that you could go after by playing certain related scenarios, perhaps from the same side...well, if you're playing the losing side you might not get many ladder points, but you could earn the campaign ribbon.

I'll try to gather some information on how to design these, number of pixels and all that, and I'll post it here.
09-10-2006, 10:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2006, 02:03 PM by clambot.)
We used to use campaign ribbons on the old Netmech ladder, "Grand Council" (based on Mechwarrior.....) sadly, Blue abandoned that site long ago, but the concept is still good.....

I'll try to conjure up some examples.

edit: is there any current guidance on #pixels, size, and file format? JPG, GIF, etc.? I would like to email some examples, holler at me where to send my suggestions.

Cheers!