• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad and pontoons
08-25-2006, 12:01 PM,
RE: Stalingrad and pontoons
I have offered to help, but Glenn has far more resources and can definitely solve this if it is a flaw in the game that went unnoticed in pre-release testing. I am just a second set of eyes which has helped Glenn before. Send either or both of us a file. That is the quickest way to a solution.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2006, 10:08 PM,
Right. ok will send file ASAP, but will have to wait until my opponent sends it back as I've bought a new PC, and have cleared the HD on the old one, sorry.
08-26-2006, 10:13 AM,
Lowlander,

Thank you for your file. I sent it on to Glenn.

I checked the stacking in the hex - engineers=145 men, AT unit moving in=20 guns Thus the hex would have 345 men equivalents, where 350 men is the road use stacking limit. This is just a check, since both shore hexes do not have a road in them that would assist movement.

The unit is motorized. Snow conditions are present. this adds 200% to motorized movement in this S42 scenario.

Therefore:

RUBBLE = 3x
Snow =2x
Highest hex MP that can be RUBBLED is a village at 6MP. Other types are more likely here but they cost even less MP to enter without a road.

3*2*6MP=36MP....the AT guns have 60MP in travel mode. I think they should be able to enter the RUBBLED hex.

I checked a few other things, but came up empty. Moving the artillery unit in the east bank exit hex allows the AT gun to return safely to the eastern shore. So it is not stuck as Elxaime is. Without his file I am not sure why Elxaime is stuck in the bridge hex.

We will see what Glenn can see in this example once he reviews the file.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
08-26-2006, 11:27 PM,
Thanks,
Have redeployed the artillery unit which enabled the towed ATG to return to the East bank as suggested. Will continue to clear RUBBLE on West bank and when it's reduced to rubble will have attempt another crossing.