• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Which PzC to get the ALT treatment?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Compass '40
0%
0 0%
France '40
18.92%
7 18.92%
Salerno '43
8.11%
3 8.11%
Tobruk '41
2.70%
1 2.70%
El Alamein '42
8.11%
3 8.11%
Kharkov '42
2.70%
1 2.70%
Korsun '44
18.92%
7 18.92%
Moscow '41
10.81%
4 10.81%
Normandy '44
18.92%
7 18.92%
Rzhev '42
10.81%
4 10.81%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Next PzC to get the ALT treatment?
08-14-2006, 07:11 AM,
Next PzC to get the ALT treatment?
Howdy all, just wondering:

Of the people who are playing any of my ALT scenarios, which PzC would you like to see get the next McNamara db / ALT treatment?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2006, 07:18 AM,
RE: Next PzC to get the ALT treatment?
Hmm... it only allows 10 options. Smolensk '41 and Sicily '42 was cut off. Oh well. If you want to vote for either of those then just post it here. :)
Send this user an email
08-14-2006, 03:34 PM,
Whats Compass '40?
Andrew
08-14-2006, 04:17 PM,
Compass'40 is an add on for EA42 created by Volcano and Steel God, it covers the fighting in the desert before Rommel's arrival, namely the Italian invasion of Egypt and the Commonwealth offensive (Compass) that threw them back to Libya.
Excellent piece of work, but i think that it has been slightly ignored because of peoples lack of knowledge of this part of WW2 and the fact Rommel/DAK is not in the game!
The scenario pack is available at Glenn's site :)
08-17-2006, 11:20 PM,
I voted for EA42, because I have, despite several attempts, never really liked it unfortunately. So I thought it could use some alternative design. But I would also like to promote Normandy 44. Also, for N44, if Mr Volcano would include scenario #16 Advancing Inland and give this the same Alt treatment, I would be very happy.
08-18-2006, 10:04 AM,
Wow, I can't believe that Korsun '44 got the most votes so far. Unfortunately for me this one would also be the most difficult to do given both the number of OOBs the game has and the number of components.
Send this user an email
08-18-2006, 12:37 PM,
I see that a also F40 in the list of the contenders, I am not convinced that France 40 would be suited for a McNamara db / ALT treatment.
As you said VM in the notes for yours revised scenarios and oob from Stalingrad

Quote:Many vehicles and guns were more or less the same ratings but where it differs is in the hard attack strengths of later war tanks and the defense strengths of some units and the overall lower assault ratings for armor (making infantry more powerful assets, vital for successful assaults). Most of the deviation from the stock values begins to occur in the middle and late periods of the war.

Send this user an email
08-19-2006, 05:23 AM,
True, but I was only mentioning vehicles and guns (I am referring to AT guns in the notes). The McNamara db would also encompass artillery, aircraft and infantry. So, the armor and AT guns might remain at a similar level but everything else would change. It might even get rid of the need to use the ALT resolution rules in the early titles, but I have no idea really as I have done no tests.
Send this user an email
08-19-2006, 05:25 AM,
Silly me, I already gave Kharkov the "ALT" treatment. I guess the more appropriate title for the poll would be which PzC to get the McNamara based db treatment. Kharkov does indeed already have ALT scenarios but not based off the McNamara db yet.
Send this user an email