Team Challenge WF-Turning the Gazala Line'
08-19-2006, 09:14 PM,
RE: Team Challenge WF-Turning the Gazala Line'
Ok,
I at least am open to suggestions.
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2006, 03:03 AM,
There is a scenario entitled "Breaching the Gazala Line" which I have played from both sides. Maybe these are the same scenario. My recollection of "Breaching the Gazala Line" is that the map is great, there is a lot of movement, both sides have a lot of options, and the battle ebbs and flows, potentially going either way.

I recommend it. :thumbs_up:

Cheers,

Nort
08-21-2006, 07:06 AM,
Yep and so would i 3 experienced players plus myself started it and came to the conclusion it was way to Axis pro.
08-21-2006, 07:09 AM,
Breaching the line might be a new one ive not heard of but dont think so.
08-21-2006, 08:41 AM,
Gents,

I would definately pick another scenario...The Allies are on a hiding to nothing in this one..There is just not enough map space for them to run away..They are completely outgunned and their forces enter the map piecemeal..The forces in the box can do nothing but get killed by artillery..This needs alot of work to make it playable or fun..

Matt ~Digger

08-21-2006, 08:52 AM,
Point Taken.
08-21-2006, 10:27 AM,
Hi Digger,

I'm in the process now of revising the scenario to make it playable. I've adjusted the map a bit to soften it and not give the Axis side an easy time of getting their spotters in place.
I'll be working on the OOB shortly to add in some AA and Mg's for the Brits. Plus, they could use some more of the half million mines laid out for the Gazala boxes. And, when the boxes started to collapse they used their remaining transports to hightail it out. The designer seems to have forgotten to put any kind of transport into the box.
I think I was two turns in as the Brits and realized it was an awful design from stem to stern. It looked like the designer created the game as an Axis showplace!

Well said! :)

When I am ready I will post it up as an "alt" to the scenario, while keeping the name, etc.

08-21-2006, 05:20 PM,
08-21-2006, 07:48 PM,
LOL! :)
I'm just trying to make it a playable game.
Cutting down a bit on the Axis is a must, even if just to show them at "real" strength.
I liked the premise of the scenario. Finding it's balance will be the key? :smoke:

cheers