• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

09-01-2006, 01:41 AM,
RE:��Offline
shortreengage Wrote:France - leadership and 2,000 troops
Italy - 2,000 - 3,000 troops
Bangladesh - two battalions (up to 2,000 troops)
Malaysia - one battalion
Spain - one mechanised battalion
Indonesia - one battalion, an engineering company
Nepal - one battalion
Denmark - at least two ships
Poland - 500 troops
Finland - 250 troops
Belgium - 302 troops, later rising to 392
Germany - maritime and border patrols but no combat troops
Norway - 100 soldiers

Pulled that from an article on BBC.

But of course the Israelis are against the Malays,Indonesians and Bengalis as they don't recognise Israel.
Fancy trying to command that lot :):):)

Herding cats springs to mind!!

Alex
brm_3k
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2006, 03:13 AM,
RE: Offline
No politics intended, but that is a big reason why I forsee trouble. It will be on the job training for the French. I wish them luck and suspect they will need it. In wholesale lots.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
09-01-2006, 10:39 PM,
Don't underestimate the French, Grummi. This is nothing new to them. And here is some intel on the Italians.

The Italian contingent comprises

aircraft carrier Garibaldi

landing craft San Giusto, San Marco, San Giorgio

corvette Fenice,

803 marine riflemen of the San Marco regiment and the amphibious assault soldiers of the Serenissima.

On board 11 helicopters, 5 SH3D, 6 AB-212
and 4 Sea Harriers. (agi) .
09-02-2006, 04:04 AM,
The French military is very good. I'm not worried about them. It's their politicians. AFAIK, France has never been the senior partner in a coalition war before. It's very difficult. The USA makes it look easy because we have LOTS of experience with fighting in coalitions. Note the word 'looks'.
Only great experience makes a difficult job look easy. The French politicals are going to have to give the credit to their allies and accept the blame for things that go wrong themselves. That is part of the leadership role in coalition warfare. Sounds like something right up a French politicians ally, NOT.
BTW, you get my E-mail? I'm awake and sober now, though depressed. I stayed up late to watch Team USA and cried myself to sleep. I'm still up for making the maps, after you figure out where. I suggest somewhere around Sosnowiec, since there will be topos available for the surrounding area.
There is a pretty serious SP group in Poland, they might be willing to help with the maps, at least as far as checking them to see where I screw up turning a topo into a 'hexo'.
-Jessica Simpson
09-02-2006, 06:32 AM,
RE:��Offline
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
09-02-2006, 07:06 AM,
PYROS Wrote:
Grumbler Wrote:BTW, you get my E-mail? I'm awake and sober now, though depressed. I stayed up late to watch Team USA and cried myself to sleep.

Hi Grumbler,

I also watched the game, but from another perspective! Big Grin

In the court there was only one national team...:kill:

cheers, cheers
Pyros

p.s I might help you with your Greek lessons

Congratulations! It was fun to see what a TEAM can do to 5 players. Team USA was outhustled and out coached. I started screaming 2-1-2 about 3 minutes into the second period. You stop pick and rolls with a 2-1-2 Zone. That is why the NBA doesn't allow zones. There is only two plays in the NBA, the pick an roll and the high screen. The rest of the NBA offense comes off of one on one, isolation plays which really isn't a play, or runouts.
Fast break basketball is fun to watch, but it is dependent on rebounding and turnovers to start the break. When your opponent doesn't miss because he's getting layups off the pick and roll and doesn't turn the ball over, a fast brak offense is like a Porshe with an empty gas tank. It might be fast and fun to drive, but It ain't going anywhere.
Meanwhile, this just shows that the powers that be STILL haven't figured it out. What the USA needs to do is send the runner-up to the NCAA championship off as Amertica representative in the World games and Olympics. Either that or the Harlem Globtrotters. You CANNOT beat a good Team with 5 guys playing a pick up game. Good luck against Spain. You will need more then a pick an roll.

I'm trying to avoid Greek. I have to take at least 1 language and I took Latin in high school AND my first run thru dear ol' cowflop U. So I figure the odds are 50/50 on me passing it the third time around. I'll have to take it this semester, next and the one after that. I am thinking about studying the early medieval period and that means I have to be able to read Latin at least. Greek would help, since the Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantine) used a combination of Latin and Greek in it's documentation.
Not reading greek would leave me at the mercy of translators, which might be a good thing, or might be a bad thing. I would need to know enough Greek to be able to go thru old MS. and know which ones I needed to digitize.
If the Latin kicks my butt, then I will just change to a different period. The 100 yerars war would be interesting, and while a LOT of the court documents are still in Latin, it's a very debased Latin that can be worked out by native-english speakers. English was invented as a means for Norman Men at Arms (latin) to pick up Saxon barmaids (old german). It worked so well that their children ended up using it as a real language.
-Jessica Simpson