• Downloads

Favorites
08-12-2006, 02:51 AM,
Favorites
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2006, 08:10 PM,
RE: Favorites
I think I like ES best. When I look to past games most of the entertaining times are in the ES front. It has more adequate geography for ww2 squad battles. Northwestern europe puts infantry tactics forward and armor can only be a support weapon. Topography is dense but not as dense as jungles of pacific or vietnam. Comparatively shorter ranges bring small AT guns back into picture too. You just cant rely on numerical superiority; sound infantry and combined tactics should be deployed.

The first scenario comes into my mind is "a thrust to the bridghead" and its sequel "patton's prayers" Ardennes southern flank carnage. The first ASL conversion Frank made "Morgan's stand" was very entertaining too. I never liked default scenarios. %90 I played was custom ones.

Lots of noble opponents and nice persons I met in SB games. Hard to give a list. Nik, Greg, Bob, Jeff are just some in the long list. I dont like ladder type clubs much. Competitiveness and ladder point seems to affect members attitudes. Only exception is SB ladder where the feel of being part of a small community is always strong. Nearly all opponents are polite and honest. Frank's absence; WildBill's departure and outside world's "musts" hit the community but I always get prompt and warm responses to my mails so guys are there.
08-12-2006, 11:49 PM,
Quote:I dont like ladder type clubs much. Competitiveness and ladder point seems to affect members attitudes. Only exception is SB ladder where the feel of being part of a small community is always strong.

I agree. I really don't care about or look at my numbers or rankings, I just like to play the games and learn as much as I can from my opponents. I don't think I've played anyone who was more concerned with points than just having a good game playing. It's a very good community here, that's for sure.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
08-13-2006, 09:00 AM,
I like Africa! Any scenario, anytime.

:smoke:
08-14-2006, 07:43 PM,
I really enjoy ES and Korea. Probably if I was pushed I would vote for Korea.

Can't really recall any scenarios by name. I enjoy most of the games played. There is the odd dud one but that's just one of those things you have to expect.

To tell the truth I have very nearly enjoyed all my opponants. Most of them thrash me but they are great fun. It is part of the reason why I enjoy PBEM.