• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Next Purchase:S'42 or F'40
08-11-2006, 05:53 AM,
Next Purchase:S'42 or F'40
I have a hankering to purchase a new PC game.

It is between S'42 and F'40.

Opinions?

A question: Is it almost impossible to replicate the German drive to the channel when playing against a human player in PBEM?

Thanks

Hiroo
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2006, 06:51 AM,
RE: Next Purchase:S'42 or F'40
Hiroo

If I were you I would buy them both;) !!

They are both very impressive visually, and encompass the size, scale and scope of the two campaigns very well indeed.

I've only played against the AI in an F40 campaign so could'nt comment on the German's prospects HTH; but like them all I supose it depends on the quality of play generated by your opponent.

Irrespective of the Campaign balance there are some superb mid sized scenarios to be had aswell - as has already been commented on the MB the "Gembleux Gap - Battle of Hannaut" and "Breakthrough at Sedan" are excellent

S'42 again is excellent - massive game - really good feel of the expanse of the steppe, and the desparate choices that the German faced, coupled with the requirement that the Ruskis have to plan carfully due to slowness of the infantry advance vrs distances to be covered

Not much help this I suppose - so like I say - get them both !!

Cheers cheers

Chris
08-11-2006, 01:06 PM,
Bowden-

Having played with you a couple of times, I think you would lean towards S42 over F40. However, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Dave

08-11-2006, 01:16 PM,
Summer is almost over, winter is coming. Perfect for S42. Save F40 for next spring.
08-12-2006, 01:22 PM,
RE:��Next Purchase:S'42 or F'40
08-12-2006, 04:34 PM,
Just to add another element into the analysis: a new PzC is due to come out shorly I believe. Maybe you should w8 a week or two to decide. Any choice should be favorable though... but I prefer S'42 although I like F'40 too.
08-13-2006, 02:15 AM,
RE:��Next Purchase:S'42 or F'40
08-15-2006, 12:19 PM,
Dont worry about a new game coming out (if one is coming out). S 42 is a superb game. Massive Russian attacks--stinging German counter attatcks--high quality German infantry refusing to break or distrupt and having to be rubbed out to the last man--gigantic arty barrages; a gamer's dream!cheers