• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CROSS CLUB TOURNAMENT - ANYONE INTERESTED ?
08-19-2006, 01:18 AM,
RE: CROSS CLUB TOURNAMENT - ANYONE INTERESTED ?
A one game tournament seems a little short...maybe have the two top teams play each other in a second scenario that determines the winner?
I know, it's more work to organize...
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2006, 11:22 AM,
How does the format work? I see it is teams of 10 split into five (axis and allies)member groups. Does each team pass the turn from one to another until completed and then send to the opponent?
08-19-2006, 06:17 PM,
RE:��CROSS CLUB TOURNAMENT - ANYONE INTERESTED ?
DerBlitzer Wrote:A one game tournament seems a little short...maybe have the two top teams play each other in a second scenario that determines the winner?
I know, it's more work to organize...

Its certainly quite a good idea.... I'll have a think about it.

Depending on how well it goes though, I might run (like with the Armoured Joust series of Tournaments), follow up CMBB and CMAK Cross Club Tournaments as well. So the eventual winner will be the club that does best at all three, if you get my drift :)

Vulture
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity..."
Send this user an email
08-19-2006, 06:41 PM,
Send this user an email
08-22-2006, 01:40 AM,
CMBO CROSS CLUB TOURNAMENT - ANYONE INTERESTED ?
A quick update guys.........

Band of Brothers look like they just about have a full team, CMHQ-PL have a full team as well, and the possibility of a 2nd. Still waiting on feedback from the French club, and WarfareHQ.

Hope to start things by the end of the week.

Still need a another 5 BLitz players if we are to field a 3rd team

Cheers

Vulture
Send this user an email
08-22-2006, 05:17 AM,
I'm going on vacation in Sep for 2-3 wks. Will this mess it up? Hmm, maybe I'll install CM on my sister in law's pc.
08-22-2006, 08:06 AM,
Send this user an email
08-23-2006, 08:21 PM,
SITE UPDATE
Guys

There has been an update to the web site, please check it out.

I am in need of a volunteer from each team to act as team captain please. Nothing onerours about the task, just someone to act as focal point for the team, decide on a team name, and who will play Axis and who will play Allied.

We are some 5 players still short for a 3rd team. Any more takers ?

Cheers

Vulture
Send this user an email
08-23-2006, 10:17 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: CROSS CLUB TOURNAMENT - ANYONE INTERESTED ?
I`ll volunteer (for which ever team I`m in) !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
08-24-2006, 12:43 AM,
Vulture,

I downloaded the scenario, but found that it automatically gave you the Axis; it did not allow a choice. Was this your intent? Also, you suggest testing the scenario before playing it against an opponent, but the scenario doesn't give you a Single Player choice, only Hotseat, Email, and TCP. Did you mean we should just look at the map and not play a few turns? (Frankly, I'd rather not play it before the tournament begins, but that's just me.)

Also, the briefing talks about the Green force (yellow setup color) being a Shadow force, but I assume, if playing Axis, we can use them as we please?

Finally, since you suggest testing the scenario, does that mean team members can offer assistance to one another during the tournament? If say, someone is having trouble figuring out how to take the hill, can he ask a teammate for tactics? Or are we all supposed to be on our own?