• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tiller Con II: Imoportant Announcement
07-31-2006, 12:18 AM,
Tiller Con II: Imoportant Announcement
I'm pleased to announce that coming to Tiller Con II is the first ever Panzer Campaigns Team Competition. Everyone is welcome to play, there will no additional cost to join the fun, and the competition won't monopolize player's time. For further details please visit;

http://hometown.aol.com/grrrcobleigh/tc2...mp_001.htm

The idea for a team competition began to develop at Tiller Con I. As fun as it was, to play individual Tiller games, and believe me it was fun, I thought how much better would it be if every game was part of a larger competition. What if we had divided ourselves into teams, say an Axis and Allies and recreated World War II in Europe using all of the Panzer Campaign games as the battlefields? Every match played would have points awarded to both the victors and losers and those points would be added to each Team's total score. The competition could be divided into four rounds, one match per round, and the team with the highest score after the final round would be crowned the winner.
Since there is 15 Panzer Campaigns titles to cover, spread out over three different Fronts, we could sub divide the teams into Front commands, like S.H.A.E.F. , STAVKA and OKH. Each of these commands would select and play scenarios from the Panzer Campaign games located on their front in chronological order.
To make things even more interesting, we could keep track of the scoring for each of these Front commands and award the highest scoring Front team at the end of the competition.
Instead of a winner take all point system, we'll use one where points are awarded to both sides, based on the victory levels at the end of the game. Every point gained by one player will be a point taken away from the opposition. So in this way the system will reward players who hang tough and play hard the entire match. A player overwhelmed early can rally and score some much needed points for his team.
Also important, is to make sure that everyone who wants to play is included, no one is left out. Even those that walk up at the last moment are welcome. We can do this because the competition is set up so there is no need for equal amounts of players. Should there ever be a situation where there is an odd number of players, we'll simply have a match with an odd number of players. Tiller Con is set up perfect for multi player games and having odd numbers is no problem.
The last touch I thought of was to eliminate the idea that all the matches for each round have to be played at the same time. Why not give players as much flexibility as possible by allowing them an eight hour time frame to start and finish their two to three hour match. In this way, players can arrive late, leave for dinner when they want, and spend as much time as possible enjoying the rest of the Convention.
Obviously, I'm very excited about this project and hope many of you are as well. I think it will make a great convention even better. I hope you all decide to join us.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply