• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Attention opponents: Thor computer woes!
07-30-2006, 12:16 PM,
Attention opponents: Thor computer woes!
Guys,

My desktop has been down all week with hard drive failure, so appologies to those waiting on turns.

Dell "El Salvador" spent three one hour sessions on the phone with me and then called back to give me their expert advice: "Take your machine to a local computer store and have them retrieve all your files from your hard drives. We think your HDs are bad and we will have to replace them and do a complete reinstall of Windows XP" (thus oblitorating three years worth of records of my life -- all the photos, installed software, downloaded purchased software, endless Microsoft upgrades . . . you get the picture.) Eek

Wonder if that new Apple will actually runWindows as claimed? :chin: Losing my patience with Gates and Dell. :mad:

I will get turns out to solo and team opponents as soon as I can and request your patience gentlemen.

Regards,
Thor

Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2006, 02:05 PM,
RE: Attention opponents: Thor computer woes!
HP makes a pretty good machine.
07-30-2006, 10:15 PM,
I have HP also and love it! :)
Not a big fan of the Mac.
07-31-2006, 12:53 AM,
Well they all use the same brands of Hard drives: Maxtor, Western Digital, Seagate, Samsung etc. Doesn't matter what PC you have; one is always at risk of a damaged Dard Drive. I keep an extra external Harddrive as a back up for my most important files, docs, photos and scenario designs ofcourse.