• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

��WinSPMBT Arty tutorial needed!!!
07-26-2006, 04:34 PM,
RE: ��WinSPMBT Arty tutorial needed!!!
IMHO, that is because research showed that in WW2, somthing like 50% of the wounds were from small mortars. That is a fine example of why Statistics are of limited use when applied to subjects other then that for which they were invented. Small mortars produce most of the wounds because they are more common and get used 24/7. So when you try to adapt the numbers from a 24 hour period to the scope of the game, which is seldom more then an hour (25 to 30 turns) what you are doing is packing 24 hours worth of damage into a 1 hour period.
And the accuracy of ALL the indirect fire weapons is waaaay off. IIRC, the minimum CEP for any arty to be accepted into service was 30 meters. So more then half the rounds fired should land in the same hex. Of course arty is an area weapons so you don't want the rounds landing in the same hex. I can see a 'flyer' landing 300 meters away every now and then, but for 3 out of 4 rounds to do that strikes me as strange. Very strange.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2006, 11:32 PM,
RE: WinSPMBT Arty tutorial needed!!!
Are they trying to get 24/7 into the one hour of SP? That's just plain stupid.

My point exactly, even WW2 era guns were not nearly as inaccurate as the latest SPMBT guns. Line formation of offboard guns is accepted because that is planned but a single onboard gun firing all over the place is not very realistic.

Thanks Grumbler, you have just made my decision of dropping ww2 and mbt concrete, only team action from now on.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
07-27-2006, 02:33 AM,
RE: ��WinSPMBT Arty tutorial needed!!!
Well, the most strange thing in MBT arty in my opinion is the delay that even small tubes like the 60mm mortars have.
I can understand that high calibers have such delays due the fact of reloading and the chain of command to direct the battery to a target in the field but why in the name of the good God a 60mm mortar following the advancing troops and usually close enough from front line units have the same delay of a 150mm gun kilometers away? :conf:

VB
[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
07-27-2006, 04:16 AM,
RE: WinSPMBT Arty tutorial needed!!!
shortreengage Wrote:Ok. I'll just sit here blinking at the screen. Out of curiosity, what do you call your Tankers, Crunchies and assorted riff-raff?

Nope, call them zipper heads (for when the hatch slams on your head or you bounce your noodle off the hatch ring and you get stitches in your forehead).
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
07-27-2006, 05:57 AM,
RE:����WinSPMBT Arty tutorial needed!!!