• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

March to the Gothic Line Tournament
07-26-2006, 12:34 AM,
RE:��March to the Gothic Line Tournament
Der Kuenstler Wrote:The Allies are losing in both of our games. For them there is a huge amount of vehicles and equipment to move just to get into position to fire. My rearmost AFVs are just now getting close to enemy LOS and there is only 7 minutes left. It's an entertaining scenario, though.

It is amazing how different these scenarios can play out. But IMHO, you barely even need AFVs as the US. My armor has been sitting in idle for the vast majority of my game. I finally released them because I got tired of the tank commanders whining about being bored.
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2006, 12:52 AM,
RE: March to the Gothic Line Tournament
If you can break the inner defences for the last 2 flags + the 2 Pz4s and a Brummbar with just infantry, please tell me the name of youre opponent.
07-26-2006, 01:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-26-2006, 03:09 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
07-26-2006, 03:49 AM,
Oh,ok, got it.

One must pheer Col Talvela.

Only then can one pysch themself to play him.

As for me, I plan on using all of my armor cause I already have too many infantry casualties :hissy:
07-26-2006, 04:11 AM,
Col who? ; )
07-26-2006, 04:11 AM,
RE:��March to the Gothic Line Tournament
10th Mnt Div jdsu Wrote:Oh,ok, got it.

One must pheer Col Talvela.

Only then can one pysch themself to play him.

That's really funny James - especially coming from you, Mr. Super-Defender. (Then again, I am a Dread Pirate - Hardee har har).

It isnt just me as the attacker. 101 is rolling over my mostly helpless Germans. But who knows, maybe we both are just terrible defenders.

James I would let you demonstrate how to defend that map against me, but you have already seen my detailed battle plans.

07-26-2006, 04:27 AM,
Interesting points everyone - as it was the first scenario I have designed Im prepared to take it on the chin... LOL

However the scenario has been played 19 times so far with a score spred of US - 7 wins Germany - 6 wins and Draws - 6. Seems pretty balanced and I would hate to alter that.

Maybe at the end of the competition I can evaluate how even it is and if need be do a bit of changing here and there.

Bootie
07-26-2006, 04:31 AM,
::hides::
07-26-2006, 04:40 AM,
Bootie - the results to date indicate a good balance.

I'm about half way done in my mirror games and so far I would have to say that given two equal players (and disregarding random elements) the defender has a harder time.

What most unbalances the battle is the two 155mm FO obs for the attacker. Having one would make it more challenging. Two is rain of death.

But, the brum and PIV's havent swung into action yet....

It is a very interesting battle given the terrain and weather. Lots of choices to be made in both attacking and defending.

Erm...should we be discussing such details ? Guess it is ok since mirrored..
07-26-2006, 05:15 AM,
Bootie, I guess you cannot get much more balanced than that. But when I opened the scenarios I immediately emailed JDSU (who IMO is an excellent defender) complaining how I didnt think it was possible to stop the attacker. And from the two games I played, I am still not convinced that isnt the case.

And I hope you didnt take my first post as 'on the chin.' It has been a fun scenario that I have enjoyed. The suggestion I do hope you really consider is the setup zones - especially the front left and back left (around that hill).