• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How the hell do you turn it off?
07-17-2006, 05:42 AM,
How the hell do you turn it off?
Anyone know how the hell to turn the activate AI off in a PBEM game?

I accidently hit the activate AI button rather than the reinforcements button (which are next to each other) during a PBEM turn. The AI took over and went crazy on me. When I pulled down the AI menu, it still showed the AI as manual.

Anyone ever run across this before?

Thanks,

Dave
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2006, 06:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2006, 07:06 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: How the hell do you turn it off?
yes, it has happened to me and i have NO idea how to stop it :conf::hissy:Cry
07-17-2006, 06:44 AM,
When I accidently hit the "I" button I get this message: "Confirm you want to activate A/I for the current side?" after which I choose no. I thought this was by default in the new updates.
07-17-2006, 06:54 AM,
RE:��How the hell do you turn it off?
07-19-2006, 07:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-19-2006, 08:04 AM by Dog Soldier.)
I would suggest the following, though I do not have experience in this problem in a PBEM game with the AI....yet.

I checked this problem with S42, since I do not own FG85, and I received the warning about activating the AI. I clicked ok to simulate your problem. The AI ended the turn, as I expected.

I then switched to the other side of my test game and advanced the turn.
So far so good, no problems on the other player's file.

I then switched back to my original side and the AI did not run. So following turns should be ok.

Suggested solution:
1. Be sure fast AI processing is off when you open a PBEM game.
2. If you accidentally activate the AI, immediately reach for the Esc key. This will cancel the AI process. If you have moved all your units, fired every unit that could or are playing a very small scenario, then you may not get enough time to hit the Esc key before the AI ends the turn. Otherwise, esp in a campaign game, you can escape before too much damage is done by the AI. You can then finish your turn normally and any units that followed AI orders....well they were out of your command for that turn...fortunes of war.

What can you do about your current turn cut short by the hitting the AI button?

1. Ask your opponent to allow a replay of the game turn. This is possible if you both have played many times before and trust each other.
2. Consider yourself out of action for the turn while your staff soldiered on without you as best they could. Send the turn to the other player and try to recover next turn. Historically this is simulates the "enforced absence" of the commander of the British 1AB when he got trapped in an attic by nearby German patrols during the Market-Garden campaign. So it can happen to you too.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
07-19-2006, 09:13 AM,
A/I Order Dialog

The A/I Order Dialog is used to view and delete A/I Orders.

The A/I Order Dialog lists all the A/I Orders for the current side. Selecting an order will cause the order to be displayed on the map. Selecting the Delete button will cause the selected A/I Order to be deleted. Orders that are displayed using a heavy line are A/I Orders that have been added to the scenario using the Scenario Editor program rather than orders that have been created either dynamically by the A/I or through the use of manual A/I Orders by player.