• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Matrix's Operational Art of War III
07-14-2006, 11:43 PM,
Matrix's Operational Art of War III
The last time I was really playing the OPAW series was "The Operational Art of War, Wargame of the Year Edition", yes a long time ago I know. I loved the Korea scenario and played various "Eastern Front" scenario also. I even tried to design a complete Division level "War in the East" scenario that would have allowed you to play from 1941-1945, but I was having trouble getting the OOB for the Russian's. I always played the computer, and well the computer just never did "make the grade", poor AI, but it didn't seem that bad, after all I wanted to play.

After joining Blitzkrieg Wargaming Club several years ago I tried to find how everyone was playing OPAW, because I never could get my system to play it with out crashing. Anthony tried to help me, and even went so far as to mail me a disk with a version that should be stable, it never did work properly for me. Thanks Anthony for you efforts so long ago..:)

Yesterday I bought Matrix's new version of the game, and it seems to work geat, no problems. I will look for the new patch too.

Bottom line, who wants a game? Something manageable at first...but I want to play someone in a Eastern Front Campaign at some point. I looked at the "Fire in the East" scenario, and well frankly that is too much for me. I would prefer a unit scale at Division/Coprs level for the Germans and Russains respectfully, and a hex scale of 15-20k and weekly turns. Does anyone know if a full east front campaign scenario like that is out there?
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2006, 11:51 PM,
RE: Matrix's Operational Art of War III
Hey Zemke, when you ask a question, you really ask a good one!

There's War in the East 41-45; weekly turns; unit scale corps for both armies; 25km hexes.

Opn Barbarossa 11.0 (Brian Topp); weekly turns; unit scale divisions; 20k

Russian War (Todd Klemme, Trey Marshall, Oleg Warner); weekly; divisions; 25k

and Barbarossa 41 (on the CD, Eric Larsen & Jim Rose), 1/2 week, divisions, 25k

Quote this message in a reply