• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

S42 Campaign? Any feedback?
07-14-2006, 09:09 AM,
S42 Campaign? Any feedback?
:kill: :smg:

I realize that the long campaign in S42 is over 300 turns, but has anyone given it a try especially via PBEM? I noticed that there are not any reported campaign games. I did some of the playtesting on the northern and southern flank attacks but did not playtest the campaign. Would like to see how it develops.

Marty
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2006, 10:02 AM,
RE: S42 Campaign? Any feedback?
I'm at turn 49 of the SS Variant im Playing Russians and have wiped out the Romanians in the north and south and a few German infantry Divisions that stayed and fought instead of retreating and and am resting and waiting for some of the infantry Divsions that are the furthest away to close up and then will plunge further south in the North to stop the advance of the SS divisions because if they a fighting where they are at they are not heading to Stalingrad in in the South am swinging north to make a short hook towards Stalingrad
07-14-2006, 10:16 AM,
RE: S42 Campaign?��Any feedback?
Landser,

Have you already formed a pocket around Stalingrad? If you did, what turn did you end up doing it?

Marty
07-14-2006, 11:27 AM,
RE: S42 Campaign? Any feedback?
Hi Marty the pocket is not formed yet the Armies that are just to the north of Stalingrad that started the game fixed just released a few turns ago are just about ready to launch the attack to meet the forces that are comimg up from the south. The Armies in the west are moving south and im hoping to make contact soon with with his forces moving to try and rescue Stalingrad
07-14-2006, 11:42 PM,
I am playing the Axis and we are on turn 24 of the stock campaign. In the north I am falling back in relatively good order, even managing to withdraw a good many Roumanians. I will not stand and fight with the Axis IDs - they move too slowly, so I am trying to retreat to beyond the Don. I thought about withdrawing from Stalingrad and meeting the Russians on the field, but with the southern attack in full swing it is hard to do. I have disengaged all panzer units from the city and they are doing very well at stalling the Russians on both flanks. Nothing too daring, but inflicting heavy losses as they cover the withdrawal. In the south the Russians are suffering much greater than the north. I will allow the ring to form; makes for better interior lines on a huge map.

Marquo
07-19-2006, 01:50 AM,
I'm playing the Russians and as of turn 84 there is a pocket. There has been something of a pocket for a while now; when I first closed it, it was generous to call it a "pocket". I'm a stickler for tracking my progress vs. History, and I know I was about 2 days late, mostly because day three was a Storm, and that really slowed me down, and the bridge at Kalach blew up, losing a small tank battalion. I believe the Russians historically "closed" the pocket at day 4.5.