• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New ladder Ranks ?
07-12-2006, 09:49 AM,
New ladder Ranks ?
Hi Did anyone else look at there new ladder ranks i took a big pay cut from Marshal of the Soviet union to Lt. i must have pissed off Stalin or the new ladder scoring is starting to take effect
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2006, 09:55 AM,
RE: New ladder Ranks ?
Dennis Uncle Joe would just make sure you took a dirt nap. I took a cut in pay also :rolleyes: But I did get that rank because of my uncle the Senator :whis:
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
07-12-2006, 10:07 AM,
Changing the Table of Ranks is the beginning. :smoke:
Remember in the old table about 2000 points got ya to Marshal? It will take ten times as many points to reach the top! :whis:

When the victory points for each ladder are updated there will be some rises in the ranks too. :cool2:

But, I am not going to let the whole cat out of the bag. :rolleyes:

cheers
07-12-2006, 11:48 AM,
Yeah, all current ranks should be considered VERY temporary in nature. We're just adjusting the ranks tables first before doing the official recalcutaion on the ladders.

Once we throw the switch the ranks will come back up. We won't have as many generals and marshalls running around as did previously, but neither will we have a million privtaes as do now either.

Paul
07-12-2006, 11:57 AM,
In the past it did feel more like the Mexican Army fighting the Texan rebellion back in 1842 with all us old Generals, now RIF'd back to whatever though :-). Feast of famine right now, but it sounds like soon to be a regular distribution of ranks!

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-14-2006, 12:30 AM,
Quote:Once we throw the switch the ranks will come back up. We won't have as many generals and marshalls running around as did previously, but neither will we have a million privtaes as do now either.

If these are to be official I do not see how you expect the number of privates to decrease. Presently it takes 500 points to make corporal where it used to take only 150 points. On the OPS ladder that means that 221(77%) of the 286 members will be below the corporal level as compared to only 135 now. Granted the number of marshals and generals will decrease to almost none.

It will be interesting to see what the final outcome of the ranks will be when the final rank scores are posted.
07-14-2006, 01:23 AM,
I think they are saying that some of the ladders are going to get their ladder points per game adjusted upwards to raise the ranks back up.

The talk was that the various ladders would be adjusted separately to provide better comparison between the ladders and on the overall ladder.

07-14-2006, 01:52 AM,
Panther Bait has it correct. When the new scoring switch gets thrown most of the ladders will go up. The OpC Ladder for example, will nearly double in the number of points being awarded per game. Other ladders will be adjusted differently, but all will earn at a roughly equal rate. As close to parity as we can get when comparing not exactly equal things.

Paul