• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Possible replacement needed for Sicily tournament
07-09-2006, 04:51 AM,
Possible replacement needed for Sicily tournament
One of our players has gone AWOL (well very slow play actually) and has yet to repsond to my emails. In anticipation of his dropping or being dropped I am looking for 1 player to take over the game which is already in progress. The game is currently on turn 10 of 21. The replacement would finish this game and continue on for the next two rounds.

You can check out details of the tournament under the G3 sections, tournaments, Sicily.

You must be able to play multiple turns per week as this game has to finish by 1 August.

I know one person signed up for the tournament about 2 weeks ago but every email I have sent to him has bounced.

First person to respond here gets the slot.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2006, 02:33 AM,
RE: Possible replacement needed for Sicily tournament
I'm already in the tournament, but I can fill the vacuum if the awol pl8er is on "my" side.
07-10-2006, 02:39 AM,
Thanks, will keep it in mind if required.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
07-10-2006, 03:41 AM,
I'm down if you'll have me.
07-10-2006, 05:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-10-2006, 05:08 AM by Weasel.)
SGT Driggett Wrote:I'm down if you'll have me.

OK, you will have the spot if Cimmerian does not respond to my emails (and his opponent's) by Tuesday.

If you haven't already check out the SICILY tournament web pages under G3 to see what the game is about. You will be the Germans (team B) in this one and your opponent will be Iwo Jim.

Thanks!
07-11-2006, 09:09 AM,
Replace me, Weasel. I apologise for not being able to meet my commitment. I have started a new business and it is taking up a lot more time than I thought it would. It is a shame because I was thoroughly enjoying that scenario. Kudos to you on the great work you've done. As to my own tourney I will find some time this weekend to get the next round sorted out.
As the heavens cannot hold two sons, the Earth cannot brook two masters - Alexander the Great
07-11-2006, 09:10 AM,
Replace me, Weasel. I apologise for not being able to meet my commitment. I have started a new business and it is taking up a lot more time than I thought it would. It is a shame because I was thoroughly enjoying that scenario. Kudos to you on the great work you've done. As to my own tourney I will find some time this weekend to get the next round sorted out.
As the heavens cannot hold two sons, the Earth cannot brook two masters - Alexander the Great
07-11-2006, 09:12 AM,
That is what I thought. Did you get me emails, I basically stated the same thing in them that you just said.

Once again, best of luck with your business!