• Downloads

SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
07-05-2006, 02:34 AM,
RE:�� SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2006, 09:34 AM,
RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
Is ok to use the winter graphics that come with the H2H mod and Enh v.2???
"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains saves both."
"The best form of welfare for the troops is first-rate training."
"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
Field Marshall
Erwin ROMMEL
07-05-2006, 09:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2006, 09:56 AM by Alby.)
ROMMEL_HSQ Wrote:Is ok to use the winter graphics that come with the H2H mod and Enh v.2???

Hmm good question I never tried.
try and see and let us know.
My guess would be some things would not look right since almost every shp file has changed.
Send this user an email
07-05-2006, 11:11 PM,
hey Alby, I've noticed some strange things in SPWAW Enh.
first there is something wrong with the fire control and range finder of Pz IV f2 and other tanks which have the same values of a T-34 :conf: isn't thins a big disadvantage to the German side:kill:

also something with the exp. I was trying the campiagn Watchward freedom and I thought of buying a SS Armour Co, which of course have 4 Tigers and they are supposed to be all elite, but what I got is 2 Tigers with exp 54Eek and other 2 are in 60's....my best tank was almost in 70's:hissy:...that was of course after I noticed that my Tigers keep missing:angry: so I qiuted the campaign and tried agian but all I got is Tigers with 50-75 max exp....
is this a bug where the elite don't get bounse exp, or it's suppose to work like this...

and btw sadly the winter graphics work only 90% some Stugs got a HMG iconsCry
Field Marshall
Erwin ROMMEL
07-06-2006, 01:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2006, 01:59 AM by Alby.)
Send this user an email
07-06-2006, 01:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2006, 02:02 AM by ROMMEL_HSQ.)
thanks Alby for the reply about the first part...:)I now know I have a chance against T-34 horde attacks
as for the second part, It looks you didn't understand my post( i get 4 Tigers)....the problem I see is that German elite units don't get bounse for experince that they should get and the Tigers I have, have experince ranging from 55-75...which is worst even than the Russian...even late in the war Tigers tanks were given to the best crews and giving them 55pts exp is just not right.
Field Marshall
Erwin ROMMEL
07-06-2006, 02:19 AM,
ROMMEL_HSQ Wrote:thanks Alby for the reply about the forst part...
as for the next part, It looks you didn't understand my post( i get 4 Tigers)....the problem I see is that German elite units don't get bounse and the Tigers I have have experince ranging from 55-75...which is worst even than the Russian...even late in the war Tigers tanks were given to the best crews and giving them 55pts exp is just not right.

worse than the Russians?
The Russians should be fairly well experienced by 1944
;)
Once again the perception that the Germans should always be better than the Russians?
;)
If the Germans had such an easy time of it, why didn't they reach Moscow before winter? Why were they unable to break out of Stalingrad?
How many "elite" troops did the Germans actually have late in 44?
Please don't pretend that every German soldier and tanker was a "superman" and that Russians couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag, and then tell me that's an accurate reflection of the entire war.

the Game uses data that it does not report back to the Player including the Leadership and Troop Morale and Experience values and National characteristics; all of which affect each shot fired.

The terms 'experience' and 'morale' are simple words whose definitions are easy to find in any dictionary but in relation to the Game, these words gain a looser meaning.
'Experience' could be defined as the ability of the unit to score a hit on a target - or to avoid being hit by an incoming shot.
'Morale' could be defined as the willingness of a unit to continue to fight.

The combination of the two values plus the National Characteristic will determine how the unit performs. Certainly, taken alone, a 10 point difference is not great.

Secondly, SPWAW is a model of combat at the tactical or squad level. Strategic considerations do not enter into the model.

So where history tells us that German troops were able to defeat the Soviet armies in 1941 for whatever reasons, this was as much a result of strategy and good staff work, not to mention the shortcomings of the other side.

The individual soldier armed with his personal weapon was equally dangerous to the man in his sights regardless of which army he served. It is this that the Game attempts to model.

In places where the Soviets attempted to stop the German advance, the fighting was violent and casualties significant.
German generals devised methods to avoid these clashes and to advance through avenues that were less well defended; to encircle Soviet divisions and to force their surrender.
It is the former that we play out in our game and not the latter.

We set base levels of ratings year by year, then, the game randomly assigns values based on that, game by game.
we did not intentionally assign Tigers low values.

I just started the first scenario in Watchword and my Tigers had exp ranging from 74 to 59.
then re did it and the ratings went from 74 to 69.
so it changes at random.

Country training on, characteristics on, True troop on/Rarity off.
you can always turn country traiining off and manually set your Exp levels.

German Troop Exp in 1944 only averages about 65.

Send this user an email
07-06-2006, 02:49 AM,
wow that's a very long post....I didn't mean that the Germans must be better than the russian, your missing my point. I'm talking about the Tigers only who should get (if I remeber correctly) +10 exp/mor...but then having them an exp value of 55 is like the 10+ exp/mor effect is no longer existed.
Field Marshall
Erwin ROMMEL
07-06-2006, 03:14 AM,
Wow, alot of good information there Alby. You have a tonn of knowledge of SPWAW.
Wigam
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
07-06-2006, 03:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2006, 03:45 AM by Alby.)
ROMMEL_HSQ Wrote:wow that's a very long post....I didn't mean that the Germans must be better than the russian, your missing my point. I'm talking about the Tigers only who should get (if I remeber correctly) +10 exp/mor...but then having them an exp value of 55 is like the 10+ exp/mor effect is no longer existed.
Rommel....
yes the +10 is still in effect, but only for "elite" formations.
not ALL tigers are in elite formations.
sounds like you just got a bad luck of the draw on your particular game.
or the Campaign designer started the units out having low experience so they could gain experience points battle by battle, so they did not turn into to supermen too soon in the campaign.
Campaigns and Scenarios are not always the best way to judge how a unit or country performs as designers often times, alter things to their liking.

Wigwam...thanks...but in reality..
I just know alot of people who know alot more than me..
Big Grin

and this message board is waaaayyy to slooooow
;)

Send this user an email